What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I see. So no leaks = no deal. Without looking, how many news stories do you think there were about the Big Ten media deal details in the days leading up to announcement on August, 18, 2022?
Your favorite Flugar knew.

I see. So no leaks = no deal. Without looking, how many news stories do you think there were about the Big Ten media deal details in the days leading up to announcement on August, 18, 2022?
Better example is the deal for UCLA and USC to bolt to the B1G. I'm pretty sure there were leaks everywhere being widely reported in reputable news sources

months

weeks

days

um, ok, a whole 24-48 hours before that deal was signed.

Your favorite Flugar knew.

No one knew if NBC would be involved. No one knew the amount. No credible leaks. It was an $8B deal and no one knew for sure until it was announced. So no P12 leaks doesn’t mean anything. I wouldn’t read anything into that.

Don't know exactly what my point in posting this about Kolber being fired, but ESPN is addressing something. Maybe looking to save money on commentary and analysis, and more for (CFB) content (not)? Pay too much for blowhards such as Stephen A Smith and McAfee, I think.

I like Kolber. But like many of the talking heads at ESPN I've never tuned in because she was on or perked up because she was speaking. They probably do overpay for a number of on-air talents who are good at their job, have longevity & familiarity, but don't move the needle.

I'm biased, but the only times I've really enjoyed the analysis and commentary is when people like Chris Fowler, John McEnroe, Mary Carillo, and others are doing tennis. ESPN use to have their rights, I think, but now NBC does it. There are some pretty good ones in other areas, e.g., football has Tony Romo (CBS).

But as @Buffnik says, most don't make me watch the show vs what's on the field of play.

So slightly getting back to the topic at hand, ESPN has been cutting out paying for a lot of fluff because they know content is critical. For example, ESPN Sports Center ruled the airwaves but that model has changed.

I'm biased, but the only times I've really enjoyed the analysis and commentary is when people like Chris Fowler, John McEnroe, Mary Carillo, and others are doing tennis. ESPN use to have their rights, I think, but now NBC does it. There are some pretty good ones in other areas, e.g., football has Tony Romo (CBS).

But as @Buffnik says, most don't make me watch the show vs what's on the field of play.

So slightly getting back to the topic at hand, ESPN has been cutting out paying for a lot of fluff because they know content is critical. For example, ESPN Sports Center ruled the airwaves but that model has changed.
so much of these sports game broadcasts has become bloated. The worst is probably NFL Sunday Night Football. They have to spread comments and takes pregame & halftime among like a dozen people. I don't see the value add.

It's only a problem if the deal ends up being bad, you know.
"Only a general framework was revealed, w/ significant linear concepts."

What the hell have they been doing for the last year ?
This deal MUST give Colorado the most exposure that they can get.
Maybe this is the problem. I'm thinking Apple wants it all and at least 4-5 schools are balking.

Back