What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

If it was primarily west coast donors who stepped up with the resources to hire Coach Prime (this did not happen within the AD operating budget), then CU is especially interested in finding a way to remain in the Pac-12.
Rick George: “We’ll find the money”.

He literally said that right before or the day of the Prime introduction.

Rick George: “We’ll find the money”.

He literally said that right before or the day of the Prime introduction.
That is an unfair assessment. Firstly you are taking it out of context. Second look at the donations and interest and the big announced money that has come in.

No one with a brain bigger than their heart was going to commit anything major without proof of life. RG delivered on this. The comment was clearly tongue in cheek.

Christine Ebersole Vibes GIF by CBS
Also I am now of the belief that I can beat the craps table and all is well with our Buffs.

They don’t hire Prime if they don’t have assurances from Todd Saliman that they had the money. I’m sure a big part of that was that RG needed to fundraiser his dick off and Prime was going to bring the in the whales

That is an unfair assessment. Firstly you are taking it out of context. Second look at the donations and interest and the big announced money that has come in.

No one with a brain bigger than their heart was going to commit anything major without proof of life. RG delivered on this. The comment was clearly tongue in cheek.
Im sure He was calling donors at the same time he was calling Prime. Probably the money was promised but only if the hire impressed. Saliman maybe made up the difference

Numbers not released yesterday or there would have been leaks (positive or negative)

IF the numbers were great the PAC would be shouting them from high up from the Stratosphere Tower. This would have been the time to do it.
Well, if (a big IF) Apple was involved, that company is notoriously secretive about everything until they want to announce it. I could see them having anyone privy to the information sign an NDA before hearing it, including school presidents, chancellors, and the Pac-12 brass. This may also be the reason that everyone has been so quiet on actual numbers. But then again, I'm must taking out of my ass like everyone else here.

Numbers not released yesterday or there would have been leaks (positive or negative)

IF the numbers were great the PAC would be shouting them from high up from the Stratosphere Tower. This would have been the time to do it.
realize you're catching a lot of grief for your high level of interest in this subject, but there are posters here who appreciate your passion and updates.

Well, if (a big IF) Apple was involved, that company is notoriously secretive about everything until they want to announce it. I could see them having anyone privy to the information sign an NDA before hearing it, including school presidents, chancellors, and the Pac-12 brass. This may also be the reason that everyone has been so quiet on actual numbers. But then again, I'm must taking out of my ass like everyone else here.
I guarantee everyone is under NDA. I also don't know what the motivation from the parties would be to leak info if it could harm negotiations and relationships with partners.

I'm starting to wonder if CU is starting to burn bridges with the rest of the PAC after those BOR meetings being scheduled and then canceled. Or maybe GK is spending too much time on the Vegas Strip these days.

las vegas GIF

Time for GK to show his media rights cards and call it a day.

Q&A session is over. Journalists never disappoint to miss obvious questions. No one asked where the media deal sits at the moment. Is it done or are they still negotiating? Would they take new partners? No one asked about specific partners. What about Phil’s story from yesterday about seeing numbers yesterday. Just a terrible job by these writers who cover this topic 24/7.

Q&A session is over. Journalists never disappoint to miss obvious questions. No one asked where the media deal sits at the moment. Is it done or are they still negotiating? Would they take new partners? No one asked about specific partners. What about Phil’s story from yesterday about seeing numbers yesterday. Just a terrible job by these writers who cover this topic 24/7.
The PAC can pre-screen questions.

Even you have to admit that GK **** the bed.
It was that bad at the end. The beginning of the presser was fine but boy it took a turn .

Last edited:
Well, since then, USC and UCLA were poached. Had those two programs not left, going shopping in the Big XII might have actually been feasible.
Bringing this conversation here so BJ doesn't have an aneurism. It would have been interesting to see what the media deal would have been had USC and UCLA stayed and the Pac 12 added KU, OSU, TTU and TCU to get to 16. Would have for sure relegated the Big 12 to G5 status. $50m/year per school with total distributions near $70m wouldn't be out of the question, IMO.

I know that's less than what SC and UCLA got from the B1G, but that's enough money to compete and it would position the conference as the clear #3.

Anyways, back to reality

Even you have to admit that GK **** the bed.
It was that bad at the end. The beginning of the presser was fine but boy it took a turn .
He was fine. He didn’t say much. The writers dropped the ball.

Are you referring to the guy at the end who tried to pull a gotcha on semantics? That was so dumb. They don’t have a deal in place. Even Phil mentioned they were seeing numbers yesterday.

Back