What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

This.

Judge hearing this case and issuing this ruling was literally the chair of the local wazzu booster club at multiple points in the past.

I mean, I get it, it's a small district, wazzu is the largest institution in that district and is consequently involved in quite a few legal disputes and as a practical matter he can't recuse himself on every single one because there's no other judge to hear them.

But most of those are routine dumbass law things.

Do you really think any ruling he issues on a substantive matter is going to be competely unbiased?

And, depending on your answer to the above, are you interested in purchasing a bridge in @BuffsNYC's backyard?
He also said be fair. If OSU/WSU try and tell the other 10 you get no revenue on the way out the door, we're back in court.

This is such a **** show.

Thanks Larry Scott, George K, USC, UCLA, B1G, and Fox

represent turn around GIF by Dr. Donna Thomas Rodgers

I think the Pac2 get the lions share of the money and the others give up since they moved on and their legal fees are mounting.
No. The judge said they had to be fair. Wilner and a K State guy I follow on YouTube who has a pretty good read on this both talked about something like this.

We're talking about $420m in revenue. That's about $35m per school. The scenario that would settle this would be like 5-10m haircuts per departing school with the Civil War and Apple Cup (which is already done) continuing. Oregon and OSU are talking about continuing that series.

Beavs football just keeps getting kicked. First, they got left behind, then Smith bolts for Mich-imo State. It’ll be interesting what players put their name into the portal.
Smith has 6 on field spots done and he's had that job for a day. If that Velling kid bolts, I want him.

SIAP, likely interesting only to realignment and/or sports-media geeks

The Longhorn Network will go off the air next July. But the University of Texas’s pursuit of its own channel changed college sports forever.

of particular interest to me is the notion that before the early 1980's, media revenue was not a significant source of income in college athletics and many decision makers around that era seemed to have difficulty appreciation the new reality.

link

Wichita State joins next year and Delaware the year after, but not sure where you're getting the 11 from

Kennesaw State joins as #10 next year and Delaware is #11 in 2025.

Wichita State is not joining the CUSA since that is a downgrade for every other sport compared to their current home the AAC.

Texas looks like they are not willing to deal with their Tech problem for awhile.

Back