What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

We could ask SaltySnacks to invite his friend to post on the topic, but I hear his friend is kind of quiet.

1Y3ThCgBgGy0woQTUgjGxQmEByS.jpg

USC and UCLA dissented in agreeing to sell 15% of the Pac 12 Network to PE for $1B back in 2018. Un ****ing real.
Not really. This is probably bullsh*t. But let's assume it's not the bullsh*t it is, had UCLA and USC made that agreement, then they couldn't have made the move the B1G.

USC and UCLA dissented in agreeing to sell 15% of the Pac 12 Network to PE for $1B back in 2018. Un ****ing real.
now that is an interesting revelation of the ass ****ing we just took.

at this point, college football is pretty much ****ing dead to me. great, hold the pac together-- woohoo. BFD. we will never sniff another NC. oh, and the rose bowl is dead, tradition is dead, the conference is dead, the idea that this is something different than professional sports is dead.

larry scott getting some vindication after the fact is absolutely perfect. perfect. i cannot put my hate meter up higher than 11 (per spinal tap).

guaranteed we are sticking with the pac herd if there is an option to do so-- a soulless dithering short sighted politicized self aggrandizing admin and regents couldn't possibly do anything different.

the pac will express sooooo much solidarity. until the next round of soul crushing expansion occurs and we are again on the wrong side of it.

Not really. This is probably bullsh*t. But let's assume it's not the bullsh*t it is, had UCLA and USC made that agreement, then they couldn't have made the move the B1G.
Can only go off what Canzano said, and have no real reason not to believe what he’s saying. It makes sense for the reason you said, so I don’t know why you doubt it.

now that is an interesting revelation of the ass ****ing we just took.

at this point, college football is pretty much ****ing dead to me. great, hold the pac together-- woohoo. BFD. we will never sniff another NC. oh, and the rose bowl is dead, tradition is dead, the conference is dead, the idea that this is something different than professional sports is dead.

larry scott getting some vindication after the fact is absolutely perfect. perfect. i cannot put my hate meter up higher than 11 (per spinal tap).

guaranteed we are sticking with the pac herd if there is an option to do so-- a soulless dithering short sighted politicized self aggrandizing admin and regents couldn't possibly do anything different.

the pac will express sooooo much solidarity. until the next round of soul crushing expansion occurs and we are again on the wrong side of it.
That solidarity will last right up until Oregon manages to buy themselves a trip to the B1G and Washington goes with them.

I don't think it is going to matter because after a few years in the new world of "professional" college football I think a lot of schools are going to choose to opt out and expect Colorado to be one of those.

Just been lurking for a while. Hope you come back. Didn’t see this posted.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;The Pac-12 lost 40% of what they would get in their next TV deal without USC and UCLA.&quot;<a href="https://twitter.com/AndrewMarchand?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@AndrewMarchand</a> breaks down the Pac-12&#39;s media negotiations.<br><br>The Marchand and Ourand Sports Media Podcast:<br>Apple ➖ <a href="https://t.co/jwLibdV702">https://t.co/jwLibdV702</a><br>Spotify ➖ <a href="https://t.co/A70jAxZ6eF">https://t.co/A70jAxZ6eF</a> <a href="https://t.co/nHUQTLFoUa">pic.twitter.com/nHUQTLFoUa</a></p>&mdash; Sports Business Journal (@SBJ) <a href="">July 7, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wilner thinks 10 as well.

Wilner has a vested interest in seeing the Pac whatever the **** it is now remain viable. He was tweeting earlier today about some sort of out of the box solution......and you guys don't think Mvher is credible? Neither's he. Canzano is the same animal right now.....but the people on here who care more about wine and cheese will be all over what both of them say I'm sure.

I'm done with CU athletics if the idiots who run this ****ing school stick in this stale-ass league that gives more of a **** about water polo than they do football. Better ways to invest my entertainment money than on this ****.

Wilner has a vested interest in seeing the Pac whatever the **** it is now remain viable. He was tweeting earlier today about some sort of out of the box solution......and you guys don't think Mvher is credible? Neither's he. Canzano is the same animal right now.....but the people on here who care more about wine and cheese will be all over what both of them say I'm sure.

I'm done with CU athletics if the idiots who run this ****ing school stick in this stale-ass league that gives more of a **** about water polo than they do football. Better ways to invest my entertainment money than on this ****.
047A9946-E611-494A-9FF0-2CF970E60DD3.gif

It checks out, which is sad. It was a mistake gettin in bed with these boring, pretentious mother****ers in the first place. It’s not like they were killin it before they took us in, that’s how they thought Larry Scott was some kind of genius. We shoulda known better🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I think what gets missed by the talking heads on Pac-10 expansion is that they treat it like the B1G or SEC math. Sure, if you're courting blue bloods you assume an equal revenue share. USC and UT egos won't allow any conversation about them joining which considers them getting a smaller share than anyone else.

But that's not the case when pursuing a G5. If the Pac went to 12 by adding 2 G5s, the math is not "do they bring enough of a bump to media deals to split the pie 12 ways and have the original 10 each make more?"

More like, "can the 2 new members make significantly more than their current situation while increasing what the original 10 would get without them?" On that measure, the math on say Boise State + UNLV potentially works.

Well, that Pac 10 tweet came in reasonably late on a Friday night, and it's early on a Saturday morning, and the response on the board is pretty quiet so far (A-holeskin will always freak out, so he doesn't count).

While some of you are rooting for specific conference moves and scenarios, I'm just rooting for this thread. It should be an interesting day.

My own response, you ask?

Well, I couldn't make myself root for inclusion in any of three conferences I hate so much, but I acknowledge that without competitive media compensation the Pac is ****ed and CU is ****ed. I was already close to getting done with college football anyway (I think).

Back