What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

The worst schools in the Pac12 are comparable to the best schools in the BigXII in terms of brand (I look forward to prople telling me f*ck Baylor is a great brand they are excited to share sweat spit and blood with). That means the best schools left in the Pac 12 are far better then the best of the BigXII.

I yawn at every matchup in the BigXII. I look forward to playing UDub and Oregon. And those guys from Utah always seem to have our number.

I have friends and coworkers that are alums of Pac12 schools. I know very few alums from BigXII..

Texas sucks and is populated with selfish assholes that ski in jeans. **** that place.

Make sense?
Debatable. Baylor aside, I’d say it’s all pretty comparable outside of Oregon and Washington and those schools couldn’t give two ****s about being associated with CU. They’re also mediocre and the B1G and SEC have told everyone what they think of those two programs by not making them a priority.

I dont think it does implode. Especially if were the only school that leaves.
We don't know whats holding up the deal. We only know that there have been talks. If we have a deal with Apple and its been kept secret we probably find out this week. A lessor deal for a short period like 5 years but less money could be a chance to make some noise.
Those back stabbing bitches are def not our friends
Prime has already proven that he doesnt need those states to recruit.
Arizona Schools and Utah are perfect for the BIG12 anyway
I could really see Stanford and CAL eliminating football within 10 years
That leaves nobody

Our recruiting has been heavy on Texas, Florida, and areas like that.
Getting kids to leave places like that to come to safe little ole Boulder seems to have a lot of appeal by Prime
Coach still has a house in Texas and all those kids that his academy had are still there

If you asked Coach Prime, I would bet he would say that he wants us to go to the BIG12

In terms of Enrollment and Endowment, here's where CU ranks compared to the 2024 membership of the Pac-12 and the Big 12. I'm assuming the Pac-12 would add SDSU and SMU.

Enrollment: 36,430 (5th in P12 / 5th in B12)
Endowment: $2.12B (4th in P12 / 4th in B12)

On Enrollment + Endowment, only Cal and Washington surpass CU on both from the Pac. No one from the B12 surpasses CU on both. Of note, USC, UCLA and UT surpass CU on both and CU is ahead of OU on both.

(I used the conference pages on Wikipedia for Pac-12, Big 12, MWC and AAC for the data.)

Generally, what you'll see is that major private schools surpass CU for Endowment and some public schools (especially the ones with commuter components) surpass CU on Enrollment. It's rare for a school to surpass CU on both.

FWIW, compared to the current B1G, CU only beats Rutgers and Maryland on Endowment & only beats Nebraska and Northwestern on Enrollment. With the SEC, only Florida, Vanderbilt and Texas A&M beat us on Endowment. Florida, Georgia, Alabama and Texas A&M beat us on Enrollment. In the ACC, CU is behind Boston College, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Pitt, Duke, Virginia and Notre Dame on Endowment. On Enrollment, CU trails Florida State and Georgia Tech.

So, if this means anything, I guess that when looking at these measures as an overview of resources that CU is among the upper echelon of universities with the B1G an absolute juggernaut. And by this measure, there are only 3 programs from the P12+B12+ACC with an overall better resume than CU as a potential B1G or SEC addition.

In terms of Enrollment and Endowment, here's where CU ranks compared to the 2024 membership of the Pac-12 and the Big 12. I'm assuming the Pac-12 would add SDSU and SMU.

On Enrollment + Endowment, only Cal and Washington surpass CU on both from the Pac. No one from the B12 surpasses CU on both. Of note, USC, UCLA and UT surpass CU on both and CU is ahead of OU on both.

(I used the conference pages on Wikipedia for Pac-12, Big 12, MWC and AAC for the data.)

Generally, what you'll see is that major private schools surpass CU for Endowment and some public schools (especially the ones with commuter components) surpass CU on Enrollment. It's rare for a school to surpass CU on both.

FWIW, compared to the current B1G, CU only beats Rutgers and Maryland on Endowment & only beats Nebraska and Northwestern on Enrollment. With the SEC, only Florida, Vanderbilt and Texas A&M beat us on Endowment. Florida, Georgia, Alabama and Texas A&M beat us on Enrollment. In the ACC, CU is behind Boston College, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Pitt, Duke, Virginia and Notre Dame on Endowment. On Enrollment, CU trails Florida State and Georgia Tech.

So, if this means anything, I guess that when looking at these measures as an overview of resources that CU is among the upper echelon of universities with the B1G an absolute juggernaut. And by this measure, there are only 3 programs from the P12+B12+ACC with an overall better resume than CU as a potential B1G or SEC addition.
****ing stellar analysis

I dont think it does implode. Especially if were the only school that leaves.
We don't know whats holding up the deal. We only know that there have been talks. If we have a deal with Apple and its been kept secret we probably find out this week. A lessor deal for a short period like 5 years but less money could be a chance to make some noise.
Those back stabbing bitches are def not our friends
Prime has already proven that he doesnt need those states to recruit.
I don't think we would leave unless the deal stinks or/and UW/UO demand a Texas style unequal revenue share. In that case we would not be the only one departing. And it's hard to imagine the Pac surviving the 4 corner loss with just UW WSU UO OSU cal/stanford plus the MW additions, if any. Then ironically UW/UO will be begging for B12 admission. It's not clear if Cal and Stanford know that anything is happening.

The worst schools in the Pac12 are comparable to the best schools in the BigXII in terms of brand (I look forward to prople telling me f*ck Baylor is a great brand they are excited to share sweat spit and blood with). That means the best schools left in the Pac 12 are far better then the best of the BigXII.

I yawn at every matchup in the BigXII. I look forward to playing UDub and Oregon. And those guys from Utah always seem to have our number.

I have friends and coworkers that are alums of Pac12 schools. I know very few alums from BigXII..

Texas sucks and is populated with selfish assholes that ski in jeans. **** that place.

Make sense?
th

All of that checks out. I mentioned the peer comparisons last week. The B1G schools measure themselves against each other and in almost all cases list:

-Washington
-UCLA
-Texas
-North Carolina
-Cal

In some cases they’re listing these schools because they aspire to be like them. I consider it a high priority list for presidents.

Only Indiana and Nebraska see CU as a peer. Might sound bad, it’s not. Only one listed Arizona (Iowa for some reason and that was from 1980’s and they haven’t updated the list), no one listed Oregon. No one listed Utah.

I couldn’t find Wisconsin’s list but I’d assume we might be on it. Same w/ PSU.

Only Michigan mentioned Stanford (plus UW and Cal as well as UVA, UNC, Duke). I couldn’t find Northwestern’s list but I’ll assume the same six are on there.

In terms of the ACC, a few B1G schools listed Virginia.

So I think you’re mostly right. Colorado probably sits around here (no order):

First:
Washington
North Carolina
Virginia
Cal
Stanford

Then:
Colorado
Oregon
Florida St
Miami

On Oregon, they’re like Nebraska. A school conferences will live with because of athletics. Miami and FSU will fit that model as well. All three are likely above CU because of athletics and the Florida market.

Colorado starts winning w/ Prime and we could move up to the high priority list.

Debatable. Baylor aside, I’d say it’s all pretty comparable outside of Oregon and Washington and those schools couldn’t give two ****s about being associated with CU. They’re also mediocre and the B1G and SEC have told everyone what they think of those two programs by not making them a priority.
Which B12 schools are equivalent to Oregon and Washington? TCU? Tech? Okie State?

All schools are mediocre from time to time. CU is coming off the second of two periods in its history where it was the worst football program in D1.

Arizona Schools and Utah are perfect for the BIG12 anyway
I could really see Stanford and CAL eliminating football within 10 years
That leaves nobody

Our recruiting has been heavy on Texas, Florida, and areas like that.
Getting kids to leave places like that to come to safe little ole Boulder seems to have a lot of appeal by Prime
Coach still has a house in Texas and all those kids that his academy had are still there

If you asked Coach Prime, I would bet he would say that he wants us to go to the BIG12

I have serious doubts Cal & Stanford would eliminate football. But they might.

All the schools in Texas come after UT, A&M, and Oklahoma in terms of local media coverage. They get less local TV. They get less local newspaper. Were not going to get that much exposure playing there.

The thing that everyone talks about here first and foremost is football fit. Then a little bit about basketball, research, and endowments.

But its not just about football.

We know CU gets its largest percent of out of state students from California. I‘d be willing to bet its the same for Arizona, Oregon, and Washington. California has the highest GDP in the US with a huge middle class that can afford out of state tuition. Like CU Ill bet they all have significant alumni associations too. All the Presidents know this and its a really good reason to have a huge presence in the state. Im not convinced that Arizona and Utah are really that excited to head to Texas with CU.

You are probably right about that. If Cal did eliminate football, UCLA could be on the hook for the Cal Memorial Stadium renovations loan if California legislators have their way.

Stanford rebuilt their stadium for just $90M back in 2006...I would think getting rid of football and having other sports use the stadium would be doable.

But never have I seen such a soul sucking pair of schools when it comes to athletics. If they could leave the PAC for good, that would do wonders for the PAC's reputation.

Which B12 schools are equivalent to Oregon and Washington? TCU? Tech? Okie State?

All schools are mediocre from time to time. CU is coming off the second of two periods in its history where it was the worst football program in D1.

All the schools in Texas come after UT, A&M, and Oklahoma in terms of local media coverage. They get less local TV. They get less local newspaper. Were not going to get that much exposure playing there.
How about the notion adding UCF helps with recruiting Florida. Does anyone believe that? We seem to be doing just fine pulling talent from there. Playing the 4th best team in Florida every other year doesn’t help.

You said the worst Pac programs are better than the best Big 12 programs and that’s just a blatant lie. Oregon and Uw are the best brands and programs between either conference, but they don’t care about CU and aren’t actually as good as people think

How about the notion adding UCF helps with recruiting Florida. Does anyone believe that? We seem to be doing just fine pulling talent from there. Playing the 4th best team in Florida every other year doesn’t help.

Believe it or not, UCF will be earning more than FSU and the U once that new Big 12 media rights extension kicks in. Only Florida will be earning more in that case.

Believe it or not, UCF will be earning more than FSU and the U once that new Big 12 media rights extension kicks in. Only Florida will be earning more in that case.
Nole and hurricane fans in disbelief.

Imagine the CSU Pueblo getting so good at football that they move up a division and eclipse CSU and Airforce in TV dollars.

*chef kiss*

You said the worst Pac programs are better than the best Big 12 programs and that’s just a blatant lie. Oregon and Uw are the best brands and programs between either conference, but they don’t care about CU and aren’t actually as good as people think
What's with the emo evaluation?

And if the notion of UCF earning more than Clemson, FSU, and the U has unsettled the ACC, the same thing will happen if a Big 12 member is earning more than the P12 as well. We might as well get the heck out of the P12 while we are at it.

And if the notion of UCF earning more than Clemson, FSU, and the U has unsettled the ACC, the same thing will happen if a Big 12 member is earning more than the P12 as well. We might as well get the heck out of the P12 while we are at it.

I understand Clemson and FSU getting angry as they have won a national championship in the past decade along with UCF, but Miami and the rest of the ACC has no room to complain.

Back