What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I've never understood the idea of a travel partner in P5 sports. I assume that means when the basketball team is playing a conference game at BYU that WSU would be at Utah? It's not as if the two schools travel on the same plane or bus to save money.
I struggled with that as well. the term should be "destination partners" as all it meansdat other schools schedule their road trips to hit both in the same, not that travel partners ever travel together.

If - IF there's any truth this... I'm kinda stumped. I doubt UW or UO would jump. I doubt the Big XII would invite OSU or WSU. Stanford wouldn't do it. I doubt Cal would, though maybe existential dread and a hefty stadium debt bill is making them sweat.
I am at a loss to see anyone other than a 4C school jumping ship, I guess we'll see.

Nobody’s cares about this other than maybe Butthead on a good day, but if the rumors are true about the Big 12 (and they seem like more than rumors to me) then college football is dead as far as I’m concerned. I had a short rebirth after giving up last offseason, got sucked in by Prime, but it didn’t even last for a single game. Tickets will go to the highest bidder and some poor soul sitting on the season ticket wait list can take my spot next year. There is just no positive way to spin crawling back to the leftovers of a once decent conference that is now populated by rejects who have all been told they have no future in the power 2. Getting excited about playing Cinn, Central Florida, Houston, etc is the definition of failure.

A certain 247 mod is reporting it would be shocking if CU doesn't move to B12. A certain mod that is conservative in reporting as it gets in this wild, wild west of recruiting. A certain mod that isn't related to UA. I don't want to break the 24 hour rule so you can figure it out.

Let’s just hope the Pac 9 media deal isn’t more than $31m/school
Without you guys I don't see how.

Last round FOX & ESPN needed content and the Big 12 was very strong in both sports.

This time you'd be talking a weaker PAC with the most valuable time slots for ad rates being mostly locked up.

CU departing also diminishes upside for both a streaming subscriber base and the P12 network carriage fees.

Nobody’s cares about this other than maybe Butthead on a good day, but if the rumors are true about the Big 12 (and they seem like more than rumors to me) then college football is dead as far as I’m concerned. I had a short rebirth after giving up last offseason, got sucked in by Prime, but it didn’t even last for a single game. Tickets will go to the highest bidder and some poor soul sitting on the season ticket wait list can take my spot next year. There is just no positive way to spin crawling back to the leftovers of a once decent conference that is now populated by rejects who have all been told they have no future in the power 2. Getting excited about playing Cinn, Central Florida, Houston, etc is the definition of failure.

buzzkill.jpg

It's ironic that the Big 12, with weaker member institutions than the PAC, is the surviving conference. But as a conference, the Big 12's strength comes from its overall mediocrity. It's a stable conference because the SEC or the Big Ten won't want anything to do with the members of the Big 12.

tesla semi truck GIF by Product Hunt

So this takes effect in the 2024 season? This season is the swan song in the P12 for CU, USC, UCLA, and maybe some others?

Without you guys I don't see how.

Last round FOX & ESPN needed content and the Big 12 was very strong in both sports.

This time you'd be talking a weaker PAC with the most valuable time slots for ad rates being mostly locked up.

CU departing also diminishes upside for both a streaming subscriber base and the P12 network carriage fees.
Yup. The P12-2 maybe -3 was having trouble getting traction with 10, lose the Mtn. time zone and another school with a mid-size TV market and I cannot imagine the pie split nine ways will be more than what they would have gotten with 10.

If CU goes, that will likely begin a game of musical chairs for the league that will cripple it. SC and UCLA began the game, so while the others may not like it, this isn't all our fault.

I wish GK could have gotten a deal to keep the P12-2 together, and it isn't over yet, but the fat lady seems to be warming up....

Last edited:
It's ironic that the Big 12, with weaker member institutions than the PAC, is the surviving conference. But as a conference, the Big 12's strength comes from its overall mediocrity. It's a stable conference because the SEC or the Big Ten won't want anything to do with the members of the Big 12.
Two words: George Kliavkoff

In all seriousness, if this is your approach to being a fan, you will not be missed.

Back