What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I for one am glad we are back to playing Division 1 football!

Well...maybe you haven't seen the teams we are moving in with. TCU had a nice season, but still hasn't won the B12. OSU has a nice annual record, but hasn't ever won the B12. The upside here is that with Coach Prime in his second season CU could win the B12 in 2024.

I do think this might be CU’s last stand. If this fails we might be done for good.

We’re essentially using the remaining savings we have to give the football program a full plastic surgery makeover and putting makeup on it to position ourselves for a B1G or SEC invite when the next round of TV rights talks comes up. If that plan fails we might be check mate.

I do think this might be CU’s last stand. If this fails we might be done for good.

We’re essentially using the remaining savings we have to give the football program a full plastic surgery makeover and putting makeup on it to position ourselves for a B1G or SEC invite when the next round of TV rights talks comes up. If that plan fails we might be check mate.
I don’t know what this means. Remaining savings? This University has more money than they know what to do with, Prime is paying for himself in spades, donations are at an all time high (someone check me on that), and this is a huge step up in revenue relative to where they have been. Money is t really an issue. They just have to win.

Huh?

Riar Geer. Name I haven’t thought of in a while. Really liked him.
Well...maybe you haven't seen the teams we are moving in with. TCU had a nice season, but still hasn't won the B12. OSU has a nice annual record, but hasn't ever won the B12. The upside here is that with Coach Prime in his second season CU could win the B12 in 2024.
OSU did win it in 2011 actually

sigourney weaver michael GIF

I don’t know what this means. Remaining savings?
My only guess is not monetary savings but football reputation. Basically any goodwill left on the balance sheet from our century of being good and decade of being great. We're burning it all on an effort to stay relevant to the game.

I don’t know what this means. Remaining savings? This University has more money than they know what to do with, Prime is paying for himself in spades, donations are at an all time high (someone check me on that), and this is a huge step up in revenue relative to where they have been. Money is t really an issue. They just have to win.

Getting Prime is part of that plastic surgery plan. If that plan fails I think we might be done and then money will be an issue. Rick George himself said we didn’t have the money when we made the move but we’ll find it, but we’ll need more of it and do so consistently also in comparison to SEC and B1G teams.

My only guess is not monetary savings but football reputation. Basically any goodwill left on the balance sheet from our century of being good and decade of being great. We're burning it all on an effort to stay relevant to the game.

Correct. If this goes fits up and it doesn’t end with a B1G or SEC invite I don’t know what moves remain to keep the fanbase engaged as things are trending towards a closed shop super league of some sorts.

Getting Prime is part of that plastic surgery plan. If that plan fails I think we might be done and then money will be an issue. Rick George himself said we didn’t have the money when we made the move but we’ll find it, but we’ll need more of it and do so consistently also in comparison to SEC and B1G teams.
If Prime can’t recruit and coach well enough to make this program a top half P5 program then nobody is going to do it, so I can agree

Also, another road trip problem with the move: not having away games in AZ really hurts, as now I can't double up obligatory visits with my mom with a football game. We've grown apart as people, and buffs games gave me something to look forward to when I visited.

This really sucks - I'm really very hopeful that the AZ schools join us in the truckstop conference.

Honestly, if CFB becomes a two super conference thing, it's going to die because fans of schools who aren't in that Big two aren't going to give a **** about it.

But hey, if it happens and CU is a part of it, I might care.

If Prime can’t recruit and coach well enough to make this program a top half P5 program then nobody is going to do it, so I can agree

It’s essentially what you said in the middle paragraph in one of your earlier posts. I think Prime and this move are our endgame. Put some makeup on the football program and see who wants to take us home in a few years.

Back