What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

You guys have no idea.

Penn State football schedules hang in every PA bar (and many other places in the 5th largest state in the country). They have either the largest alumni network in the country or they're still close (every PSU campus in the state are Nittany Lions, unlike how CU does its system). They pack a stadium that seats over 100k. They have all the hardware.

They were able to absorb the Sandusky scandal with all of the scholarship restrictions and bowl ban without having a single losing season followed by Franklin having them in the Top 10 just 5 years after it hit. USC couldn't bounce back as quickly or thoroughly from its much less serious Reggie Bush penalties.

This is the dominant program in college football for the region north of the Carolinas and east of Ohio.
This is true, having grown up in the NYC area. College football does not register there much, it’s pro football and for some college basketball that people pay attention to. That said, Penn St is the dominant college football program for much of the northeast.

How about Utah goes to the B1G and we get Nebraska.
Say it again....

3rZo.gif

That's it. That's what the disconnect has always been. The left coasters never grasped that a Maryland vs Nebraska game kicking off at noon (that's 9am, for crissakes!) is going to draw more eyeballs and interest than Washington vs Stanford at 8pm PT. That the first example is much more valuable to a media company.
Truth

Just a reminder of B1G arrogance. This is the conference that once went to a divisional format and approved naming them "Leaders" and "Legends". Of course this was the club that spoke to USC sensibilities.

From the Wilner mailbag. That league, man. Crazy af. Every rescue scenario they have involves SDSU saving them. A MWC school that can’t join until 2025. Or they all just decide to join the B1G. 👽 <- aliens are the 3rd option

“If the Pac-12 loses the Four Corners schools, leaving just the Pacific Northwest quartet and the Bay Area teams, two scenarios would exist:

1. The conference reforms by adding the likes of Boise State and San Diego State to create a league of eight or 10 teams.

2. The Huskies, Ducks and perhaps Cal and Stanford agree to join the Big Ten, likely for reduced revenue shares, thus expediting the creation of the Big Ten’s eight-team western division (with the Los Angeles schools).”

If you guys are looking for a little delusion from our Pacific Northwest friends.

Seems to overlook the obvious problem of why would fox pay more for them and others to join the BIG while they can get them for a reduced rate in the Big 12?

Honestly, let’s grab Arizona and dominate this conference. With CP and his recruiting I think the buffs can become the premier program in the big 12. With ou and Texas gone, there is a void at the top. Maybe tcu fills it, maybe ksu, but I’d bet on a prime led cu.

You guys have no idea.

Penn State football schedules hang in every PA bar (and many other places in the 5th largest state in the country). They have either the largest alumni network in the country or they're still close (every PSU campus in the state are Nittany Lions, unlike how CU does its system). They pack a stadium that seats over 100k. They have all the hardware.

They were able to absorb the Sandusky scandal with all of the scholarship restrictions and bowl ban without having a single losing season followed by Franklin having them in the Top 10 just 5 years after it hit. USC couldn't bounce back as quickly or thoroughly from its much less serious Reggie Bush penalties.

This is the dominant program in college football for the region north of the Carolinas and east of Ohio.
You’re also forgetting the fact that I have yet to meet a Pennsylvania sports fan that isn’t a massive asshole.

If you guys are looking for a little delusion from our Pacific Northwest friends.

Seems to overlook the obvious problem of why would fox pay more for them and others to join the BIG while they can get them for a reduced rate in the Big 12?

Honestly, let’s grab Arizona and dominate this conference. With CP and his recruiting I think the buffs can become the premier program in the big 12. With ou and Texas gone, there is a void at the top. Maybe tcu fills it, maybe ksu, but I’d bet on a prime led cu.
What a load of ****. This goes against everything Joel Klatt outlined regarding what networks are looking for.

Do people not have to manage their time? I don’t think I know anyone at this point who randomly sits down and flips through the channels and says well I might as well watch this game because it is on. My tv viewing is planned and intentional as is everyone I know. Good lord I am more disconnected than I realized and that is saying something.

Joe Sixpack =/= Fauntleroy Shiraz

What is the population of that region?

The conversation is about how PSU playing "lesser" programs in the Northeast & Mid-Atlantic is a huge ratings driver for the B1G on par with USC playing teams in the west.

So I'm not sure what point you guys are trying to make.
That being the best football program in that region is like being king of the dipsh*ts.

Also, I’d like someone to compare CFB ratings in NYC and Boston with those in Houston and Atlanta.

This is a good point. While having Oregon and Washington in the conference certainly makes it a better conference - and makes those of us who are uncomfortable being associated with dimwitted imbeciles a bit more comfortable - does it benefit us? We're not getting any more money.

Any highlights for those of us who aren't 247 subscribers?

That’s my sentiment. Also, I hate Bailer, so we have a rival. Need nothing else.

That being the best football program in that region is like being king of the dipsh*ts.

Also, I’d like someone to compare CFB ratings in NYC and Boston with those in Houston and Atlanta.
So your point is that while PSU is in fact the dominant CFP program in the region with by far the largest following, the B1G is stupid because that region is irrelevant for making media revenue on college football?

Or is your point that you hate PSU for the Sandusky scandal and refuse to hear anything positive said about them?

So your point is that while PSU is in fact the dominant CFP program in the region with by far the largest following, the B1G is stupid because that region is irrelevant for making media revenue on college football?

Or is your point that you hate PSU for the Sandusky scandal and refuse to hear anything positive said about them?
I'm just gonna go out on a limb and answer for @BuffsNYC:

Yes.

My point is exactly what I said. Few people east of the Hudson care much about college football. Being the “dominant” football program in Pennsylvania is equivalent to being MSU or Georgia Tech.

And yes, **** Penn State as hard as Baylor.

Last edited:

Pretty sure his point is that being the best football program in that region is like being king of the dipsh*ts.

Back