What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I don't care where we play.

Just win
This is where I’ve been for a while, too. I never cared about the PAC12. I just wanted Buffs to be a good team, win games, be fun to watch, give me hope to root for.

Aside from beating the NUBs and CSU, the particular schools we played didn’t matter as much as how we played.

Now we get paid, and possibly play a bit easier schedule, with more games at home. Win. Win. Win.

Finally, as Klatt pointed out, there is really only enough regular media pie for three big conferences. We HAD to grab a chair before the music stopped. Plunk. We in.

They don’t count so well there.
Sure, but obviously the Big Ten hasn't for decades either, and in both cases its by similarly being stuck with the generic "big" moniker. Gotta keep the part of the name that still distinguishes your brand. And I doubt anyone expects the number for next year to be the number for forever anymore.

I'll say what I did on another thread: the Big XII should adopt the B1G's scheduling strategy. There's no arbitrarily chosen number of rivals everyone has to have - they just assigned everyone their actual, legitimate rivals (some have 1, some have 3), then rotate all the other teams through the schedule.
If we do go the rivals or pods or "pods in all but name" route, I want UCF on our annual schedule.

Yes, it's a long and annoying road trip, but the recruiting advantages would make it worthwhile.

(I assume that will get at least one TX game/year no matter what scheduling system is used, so the priority would be FL.)

You can't make this up: BYU passes out free cups of the city's best ice cream to fans sitting in the visitors section. Which is absolutely the most ridiculously lame/ Ned Flanders thing I've ever heard of... but you damn well better believe I'm getting my scoop of Cookies and Cream.

You can't make this up: BYU passes out free cups of the city's best ice cream to fans sitting in the visitors section. Which is absolutely the most ridiculously lame/ Ned Flanders thing I've ever heard of... but you damn well better believe I'm getting my scoop of Cookies and Cream.
Wouldn’t be surprised if they’re passing out women to trick you into getting locked in for life as well. The BYU Sirens should be a Mormon recruiting tactic if they haven’t tried it yet. It would certainly fit their profile and tactics

The Mormon/LDS and ice cream thing is actually hilarious for a couple reasons.

1.) last summer, our part of the city has a pretty stellar word-of-mouth fireworks show. It’s supposed to be “secret”, but fireworks…Well, the site is across the street from the Mormon/LDS church/temple, and the Mormon Trail center. My kid had to use the restroom. No portapotty available, so my wife takes her to the home across the way. I noticed the guy (assuming the owner) wearing a BYU shirt. I told my wife to say “Go Cougars” to him to help my daughter. Turns out the guy was the pastor/whatever for the church, let my daughter use the bathroom, and came across the way to give her an ice cream about 10 minutes later.

2.) the other day, we were getting ice cream at the neighborhood spot. I noticed a bunch of older high school/college kids - guys in white shirts and khakis and girls. I said to my wife “what kind of school has a formal in the summer?!” Then before my wife said something it dawned on me. Then after my wife pointed out that they were most likely LDS, due to the conservative and modest dresses the girls were wearing, I said “I thought they couldn’t consume sugar?!” Getting it mixed up with caffeine.

Good grief. The change-over from Twitter to X is so dumb. It’s now been placed on the “tweet” screen where everyone else puts an “X” to close the window. That’s a really unique brand there. And then, the “Twitter” version doesn’t even work—it just opens yet another version of the same screen. 🙄

Last edited:
I mean I’m no media expert, but maybe the only program in college football right now that could justify being paid the big 10 money is cu with coach prime due to the massive interest the program currently has. And no company would arrange a media rights deal around any coach for obvious reasons. I just don’t see how any of the pac schools could command even a half share when the conference can’t even get its own deal negotiated that’s even close. I’m also not sure of Oregon’s long term value with Phil knight in his 80s.
1. ND could easily command B1G money
2. Knight has Oregon set up with a ridiculous endowment

I've visited maybe 12 D1 stadiums as a fan of the visiting team, wearing the away team's colors and rooting loudly against the home team.

My trip to BYU as a Wisconsin fan stands out as my most positive experience.

Literally, at least three groups of BYU fans greeted us warmly on the walk to the stadium. "Wisconsin fans! Glad you're here... Hope you enjoy Provo.. have a great time!" Same thing after the game at dinner.

Tailgating was fine but maybe dryer than usual.

And I didn't realize that the ice cream was a tradition, but thought it was awesome on a hot September afternoon. I remember the dude who gave us our ice cream looked just like Steven Covey.

I'll tip my hat to BYU fans, if they're using home football games as an opportunity to project a positive image of their church/ school/ fanbase -- they're doing a great job. "Classy NU fans" should take notes.

I look forward to returning there for CU games.

Last edited:
I'll say what I did on another thread: the Big XII should adopt the B1G's scheduling strategy. There's no arbitrarily chosen number of rivals everyone has to have - they just assigned everyone their actual, legitimate rivals (some have 1, some have 3), then rotate all the other teams through the schedule.
Agree here

If we do go the rivals or pods or "pods in all but name" route, I want UCF on our annual schedule.

Yes, it's a long and annoying road trip, but the recruiting advantages would make it worthwhile.

(I assume that will get at least one TX game/year no matter what scheduling system is used, so the priority would be FL.)
Going to Orlando every other year isn't that big a deal. 3 hour flight isn't that bad.

I've never spent time in Orlando except for business tradeshows in and around Disney resort and going to that fake boardwalk with the restaurants and bars. Nice enough for that stuff as it goes, but I have no idea what the authentic city is like.

Back