What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Underrated movie (as was Orgasmo).
Animated GIF

Never thought that college board meetings would become popular...and that AZ BOR one is starting up. Maybe by the time I get home from work UA will be a B12 member.

Greatest sports movie of all time and there will be no discussion on this.

Except for Fred. He can talk about it. The rest of you can't.
They're too busy spoiling their kids and Taylor Swift aren't they Fred!

TELL HIM!
My kids are very successful business people. The only person I spoil is my wife! If you have a problem with that I feel real sorry for you. You must be very lonely.

Never thought that college board meetings would become popular...and that AZ BOR one is starting up. Maybe by the time I get home from work UA will be a B12 member.

UA President Robbins is from Stanford. Robbins is a candidate, has been interviewing, to be the next Stanford president. What is Robbins’ incentive to take action at UA that is detrimental to Stanford at this time?

The answer to this question appears to be "no." I doubt Apple invests enough hardware into P12 games that it will make any difference during the next cycle of negotiations. Being the first conference to go 100% streaming will not garner any advantage in the future.

In fact, I would argue that being in that position might be a detriment to the P12. I look at this partnership as very much a "proof of concept" pilot for Apple. They get a (semi) cheap way to try out a new product (live college sports) in a way that probably is a viable test to whether it would work for larger brands (i.e. B1G, SEC). If they prove the concept, they might get one of the larger conferences to jump in the next round. Where does that leave the P12?

Attendance at Pac12 games was slightly over 2x MLS attendance in 2022. And you lose the biggest draw next year when USC leaves.

Wait- is this total attendance or average? Because there are almost 40 games in an MLS season, most of which are played in smaller venues, vs 12 for a college football team.

The Pac-9,8, 6 whatever is really missing out on a golden opportunity.

They should cross venture their media rights with a nil deal for all athletes to shill apple+ subs and drive subscription numbers. Which benefits their media deal. Win win! Ha!

UA President Robbins is from Stanford. Robbins is a candidate, has been interviewing, to be the next Stanford president. What is Robbins’ incentive to take action at UA that is detrimental to Stanford at this time?
Let's start with the fact his paychecks say "Arizona" on them.

Back