What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

when the inside info starts to leak and it will do, this will get even more interesting.

the sheer volume of double dealing and back stabbing is hilarious to me.

That was my thought. All this is adding and adding. When does a conference start kicking out the dead weight?
If TV money keeps ramping up control, next go round will offer reduced shares to some, and put some on the ice floe.

BY should offer OSU, WSU, Cal, ASU and UU a half share, first two to accept are in. Everyone else go the mtn. weenie div. It's Lord of the Flies time in CFB.
Better yet, put the last two spots in the conference up for auction. Let’s see what kind of action we can get on this.

BY should offer OSU, WSU, Cal, ASU and UU a half share, first two to accept are in. Everyone else go the mtn. weenie div. It's Lord of the Flies time in CFB.
Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

I'm not saying that CU didn't handle it well. RG did great, bringing his career record to 2-5,478,346 and for that he should be commended. But I don't get the people celebrating this. This sucks overall - not only for CU but all of college sports. But I think there are some people on here who'd rather be "right" than have their school be successful. So yay?

Getting out of the Pac should be celebrated. They cared as much about football as CU did. I'm not thrilled with the Big 12 move either but, it at least gives CU a better chance at being successful than the Pac ever did.

What exactly were our options?

That is irrelevant to the original question. It doesn't make it suck any less being a second class citizen because you had no other options. Ask any minority if they gladly accept second class citizenship because well, they had no other options.

Because CU has officially accepted second class citizenship in college football. Signed, sealed and delivered.
Well one day maybe we can sell our soul to one guy to buy us any relevance we have. Seems to have worked for Oregon.

No. Hence my question. Maryland football does nothing to move the needle, nationally.
But it moves the needle in Baltimore & DC, expanded B1G recruiting footprint to a key area, added a passionate fan base with Under Armor money behind it, fit with their academic standards & a good market for student recruiting, added a sometimes elite hoops program, and harmed the ACC while opening the door for a future snag of Virginia and North Carolina.

Getting out of the Pac should be celebrated. They cared as much about football as CU did. I'm not thrilled with the Big 12 move either but, it at least gives CU a better chance at being successful than the Pac ever did.
For whatever reason, being successful in the Pac 12 wasn’t a priority for CU. Worse than that, being the conference doormat in football was okay. If CU had actually been competitive, it could have added to the conference. I don’t think we can blame the PAC 12 fully for the destruction of the PAC 12. What did we actually contribute to the conference before we hired coach prime?

That is irrelevant to the original question. It doesn't make it suck any less being a second class citizen because you had no other options. Ask any minority if they gladly accept second class citizenship because well, they had no other options.
Blame cu! It’s still better than the pac! Btw you whine and bitch a lot over the same stuff day after day! I get that you don’t like cu being in cali but good god man give it up.

Every school in America is looking for the same deal UO got with Phil Knight.
The saddening part is that it was the Buffs destroying Oregon in the Cotton Bowl that got Phil involved with the facilities, eye scorching uniforms and marketing.

Because CU has officially accepted second class citizenship in college football. Signed, sealed and delivered.

We've been that since Mac retired. The school doesn't want to do what it takes to be first class, at least not on a regular basis. Its all been talk for at least 20 years.

Back