What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Funny Face Lol GIF

help me out -- bonds are typically guaranteed by the issuing body, right? does that mean that UC-Berkeley is on the hook? the state of CA?
Depends. Without looking into the specifics, I’d guess that the bonds were issued by the Cal AD, backed by the University itself and by extension, the State of California.

Brilliant fiduciary management by the California Board of Trustees to let UCLA scamper off without Cal given that stadium debt.
That’s one thing cali knows is debt. They are used to it. Just throw it on the taxpayer.

Depends. Without looking into the specifics, I’d guess that the bonds were issued by the Cal AD, backed by the University itself and by extension, the State of California.
sounds like defaulting would be painful

Nothing wrong with being 2nd tier when the pot is so large. The problem now is if schools like Texas or Texas A&M want your coach in the 2nd tier, they can offer 20+ a year for them. The SEC and B1G will be getting 100+ million outside of Oregon and Washington after all income per school. How do you compete with that large term? You can't

This is what has me the most bummed about everything. The buffs put together a couple good seasons & we'll be looking for a new coach, but from a true tier 2 perspective. Really sucks that we've sucked for so long!

Anyway... looking forward to Sept 9th so we can bump the future XII reputation up a notch at the B10's expense!

Back