What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Cool could you edit! If you have nothing better to do.
I am not the English major that you seek.

Tatanka has this covered. I can't steal his thunder.

(3 short sentences with capitalization at the beginning and correct punctuation at the end of each sentence.)

Except for UNLV of course!
UNLV has 5 years to draw over 35k per game in that stadium while winning 8 games per year and becoming an annual Dance team.

Fresno State needs to do a massive facilities project and keep winning.

Boise State needs ID to add a million people to its population while averaging 10+ wins a year.

No one else worth mentioning.

UNLV has 5 years to draw over 35k per game in that stadium while winning 8 games per year and becoming an annual Dance team.

Fresno State needs to do a massive facilities project and keep winning.

Boise State needs ID to add a million people to its population while averaging 10+ wins a year.

No one else worth mentioning.
I know it is lower population too but just cant figure why New Mexico as a state cannot filed 1 P5 quality team. Idaho is closer but in the same low pop not quite there category. Yes I know it is mostly population but Nebraska is lower and 1 other with a decent p5 team but cannot remember.

Noooooo thank you. Bridge the gap to the east with ACC schools. Those two others just seem way too weak to take right now, no reason to do that. Take 4 ACC schools so our footprint is stronger in the southeast and we’ll be set

Pitt, Louisville, VT, NCSU, Duke (squeakyshoe conf), and Miami (if they don’t get an invite to SEC/B1G) are all better adds that are worth waiting for.

Can’t purge teams like UCF/Cinci so we should definitely stand pat without more junk

Last edited:
Noooooo thank you. Bridge the gap to the east with ACC schools. Those two others just seem way too weak to take right now, no reason to do that. Take 4 ACC schools so our footprint is stronger in the southeast and we’ll be set

Pitt, Louisville, VT, NCSU, Duke (squeakyshoe conf), and Miami (if they don’t get an invite to SEC/B1G) are all better adds that are worth waiting for.

Can’t purge teams like UCF/Cinci so we should definitely stand pat without more junk
ooh NCSU would be a good Big 12 fit IMO. Of the rest of those....Louisville maybe? Can't see Duke as a fit. VT either.

I just don't see what SDSU and Oregon State bring. Households and market size are not going to be as relevant in 2031 when seeking a new media deal and nobody is tuning into SDSU football. Hoops would be the only reason to add them, but they are so dilutive everywhere else. Oregon State adds no appeal either. I would hate for ESPN to force the issue so they have true PTZ content, even if at partial share as that doesn't increase anything for the rest, only to saddle the conference with those schools in 7 years.

Unless the demise of the ACC is imminent, I'd rather the conference stay at 16.

I just don't see what SDSU and Oregon State bring. Households and market size are not going to be as relevant in 2031 when seeking a new media deal and nobody is tuning into SDSU football. Hoops would be the only reason to add them, but they are so dilutive everywhere else. Oregon State adds no appeal either. I would hate for ESPN to force the issue so they have true PTZ content, even if at partial share as that doesn't increase anything for the rest, only to saddle the conference with those schools in 7 years.

Unless the demise of the ACC is imminent, I'd rather the conference stay at 16.
Time zone adds value with media partners because of late time slots.

This. Those teams will always be available, let’s see how the ACC shakes out.

if you are traditionally a power program and you aren't currently in the big or sec, you are most concerned with being ready to elevate in 5 years when everything blows up again.

if you are a g5 who has just moved into a power conference or you desire to do, then you are spending the next 5 years trying to prove you are competitive and building out the necessary minimum infrastructure and such.

the next round will make this one look like sunday bingo.

Just my observation, but I perceive there's been a dearth of coverage of the past week's realignment by the MSM, who usually report significant sports stories. CNN and MSNBC have had nothing I've seen.

Looks like just sports dedicated media is covering this, to me.
I’ve seen quite a few stories on cnn.

if you are traditionally a power program and you aren't currently in the big or sec, you are most concerned with being ready to elevate in 5 years when everything blows up again.

if you are a g5 who has just moved into a power conference or you desire to do, then you are spending the next 5 years trying to prove you are competitive and building out the necessary minimum infrastructure and such.

the next round will make this one look like sunday bingo.

the question is how many more rounds there will be and when the wheel spins for the last time

The PAC12 (R.I.P.) finally dropped its proposed but never completed AppleTV deal, not sure the numbers make any sense:

If AppleTV sports subscription gets to 1.7 million subscribers each team gets $20-30+ million (or whatever). So would have to be a new subscription rate completely. Apple+ is currently $7 a month. At 1.7 mil thats about $12 million a month, $142 mill-ish a year, divided by 12 teams is…$12 mil per team per year. So the Apple Sports subscription would have to get to $20+ a month to cover team payments and overhead op to $30= mill, etc.

I suppose there are a couple of million PAC12 fans willing to go to $20+ a month to watch(?), but I’d have it for only 3-4 months a year. I imagine I wouldn’t be there only one. So the sub price would need to really be..what… $50 a month?

Back