What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I think having OSU, WSU, Stanford, Cal, and SDSU all wandering the desolate plains without a good home helps CU recruiting in SoCal. There were too many P5 schools working that region. We might’ve just eliminated four of them. 👍
The Big 12 legitimizing Houston, UCF and Cincy was not a good idea and we are seeing it play out at UCF already where they have bet Prime-led CU for two blue chip recruits this cycle (Gage and Fox)

This. Exactly. The music is going to stop. We needed to make sure we had a chair.

Been saying PAC12 was going fully under for a while. So glad CU grabbed a $32 mil chair before the HMS PAC12 floundered off the west coast.

And we did it while actually—mostly—reducing travel time for students. The PAC4/ACC merger would be a nightmare for student/athletes. I’m glad BIG12 isn’t picking up WSU or OSU for that reason.

Fvck Henry John Deutschendorf Jr. Denver

Joe Walsh Rocky Mountain Way​

REO Speedwagon - Ridin' the Storm Out

I think you missed half the joke. When has Joe Walsh or REO speedwagon done a song about West Virginia?

Rocky mtn high versus country roads.

It's easy to be glad that we aren't in the situation that WSU and OSU are in. Realistically if instead of Saliman and Prime returning us to national prominence we had another couple of years of Dr. Phil and his revolving door of under supported, underqualified coaches we could easily be in that same position. We weren't far from a lot more fans giving up on the program.

A different way to look at it though is what if in a similar manner to WSU and OSU being attached to UW and UO we had CSU tagging along with us due to history and politics.

Go back to the days of the Big Seven conference (pre-Big 8) and think about if political strings had been pulled, favors called in, and CSU had been added to the conference.

Then fast forward a few decades and in the current turmoil the CSU people are loudly proclaiming that we can't abandon them in the PAC (which they managed to move into when we went again tagging along) to flounder and die. We have to respect our bonds and traditions and do everything we can to bring them with similar to the Zona schools.

Take it one step further and imagine this same situation except our invitation (admit one only) was to the B1G.

CSU fans would be crying their lungs out but do we turn down the one time opportunity to protect little brother?

This. Exactly. The music is going to stop. We needed to make sure we had a chair.

Been saying PAC12 was going fully under for a while. So glad CU grabbed a $32 mil chair before the HMS PAC12 floundered off the west coast.

And we did it while actually—mostly—reducing travel time for students. The PAC4/ACC merger would be a nightmare for student/athletes. I’m glad BIG12 isn’t picking up WSU or OSU for that reason.
This. I have no animosity towards OSU or WSU, but they add nothing but extra travel to the B12. SDSU sounds great, but again, what do they really add? They don't, they just get elevated out of the mtn. weenie. Wait for the ACC implosion to add 2-4 more, that is where the expansion action should be.

Money available.

At a bar Friday, I saw professional table tennis, followed by professional wiffle ball, both on ESPN. That was followed by people trying to climb icy steps. Tom Brady is part owner of a televised pro cornhole team. There are a number of pro athletes who are getting more per year, than universities are getting from their conference payouts.

I'm having trouble with it all. One player getting more for his season, than a university gets, for all sports, for 1 year.

I think you are referring to "The Ocho" which started as a joke via the movie dodgeball but is programming ESPN does when there aren't other sports on. Yes they have to spend money on the production but I can't imagine participants in slippery stairs are getting any kind of payout haha.

Refraining from getting into Saudi and UAE sportswashing, but that's apples to oranges...we don't need foreign oil money getting into CFB, regardless of the legality with it.

What if I told you that there’s a highly rated college located in a city with a metro area of 1.2MM that has a football team that won a major bowl last year. Travel is easy. There’s lots of non stop flights from Denver and most other B12 metro areas. It’s within a reasonably short drive from several B12 schools. It isn’t a geographic reach, academic reach, or athletic reach.

And the roadies would be epic.

This isn’t hard, people.

What if I told you that there’s a highly rated college located in a city with a metro area of 1.2MM that has a football team that won a major bowl last year. Travel is easy. There’s lots of non stop flights from Denver and most other B12 metro areas. It’s within a reasonably short drive from several B12 schools. It isn’t a geographic reach, academic reach, or athletic reach.

This isn’t hard, people.
Only problem is that every student, parent and alum of Tulane is an LSU fan if they even care about college sports. So fan & market engagement is sh!t.

Only problem is that every student, parent and alum of Tulane is an LSU fan if they even care about college sports. So fan & market engagement is sh!t.
Totally false. Tulane alums barely know LSU exists. It’s “that football factory up in Baton Rouge”.

The move by the SEC to make it worthwhile to ESPN to let FSU & Clemson out of the ACC contract. Very smart play.

This isn’t hard, people.
San Diego has 1.2 million? I thought it would be higher.

Back