What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I absolutely believe this.
Build the biggest and best counterconference to the ACC and B1G in order to dominate the Basketball world first and foremost, and even possibly take over the basketball tournament. Then work really hard to get as close on Football as possible

Pac2/MWC/Big12/ACC merger incoming 💀
Im Not No Way GIF

Wild times.

I'd rather have the best ACC schools than putting us back into the PAC minus Oregon and Washington in some crazy legally binding/revenue sharing alliance. I've embraced the Natty Ice and cheered the wine and cheese being taken to the dump. Let's not go digging through the refuse to get it back.

Would the SEC really pass on Miami? I guess FSU and Clemson are locks. Wonder who else they’d take to get to 20 but it’s about time Clemson joins the SEC as I constantly catch myself thinking they’re already a SEC team.

Would the SEC really pass on Miami? I guess FSU and Clemson are locks. Wonder who else they’d take to get to 20 but it’s about time Clemson joins the SEC as I constantly catch myself thinking they’re already a SEC team.
Paul Finebaum, for what it’s worth, says Miami is a take by the SEC, and FSU and Clemson would be a pass. Lots of varying opinions out there.

Yeah I don’t really see any advantage for the SEC to add FSU but where I disagree with finebaum is that Miami won’t be added either for the same reasons. UNC is by far number one on their list. I could also see the SEC throwing a massive curveball and adding ASU.

Good. The sooner this all blows up and we get the **** out of the Big XII the better. Let’s just kick everyone’s ass to the point where we are the only school that anyone wants from this ****hole and get out as fast as possible. Then leave the other 15 ****ers behind and throw a match on the gasoline on the way out.

Miami hasn't been the powerhouse they once were for decades. Small private school without the historical success of Duke, small alumni base, no fan support, and located in a state the SEC already owns.

I don't have a hard time believing they're not a P2 candidate.

It's getting pretty late for any moves to new conferences for next year and Missouri's move to the SEC for the 2012 season was announced in November 2011.

The latest realignment news are now for schools making the move in 2025.

Those schools will be disappointed to learn that the big12 minus Texas and Oklahoma won’t get anymore respect

there's some smart people at those schools.

I really want to believe that Cal and Stanford have knowledge that ND is going to put out and join the ACC as a full member to restore a 3rd power conference.
Those smart people were completely in the dark about what was happening in their own conference and you think they have some special insight into what’s going on in the ACC?

Those smart people were completely in the dark about what was happening in their own conference and you think they have some special insight into what’s going on in the ACC?
first, I said "I want to believe". that's very different than "I think that". Let's show each mutual respect by staying away from straw man arguments.

second, I think it's plausible - even likely - that "everyone" was taken by surprise by the LA schools move, including those two (CU apparently was, right?). I also think it's likely that before committing to join a new conference with no near-term revenue, they had some confidence that the ACC was the best path forward for them. If Stanford and Cal didn't have reason to believe an ACC move was the best option, they would've stayed with the Pac-2 and worked on a merger with MWC.

and I haven't had any new insight suggesting there's another path to survival for the ACC beyond ND joining.

Remember how the Big Ten, Pac-12, and ACC were under an umbrella right up until the point where the Big Ten hammer ****ed us in the ass?

Just say no to umbrellas.

Remember how the Big Ten, Pac-12, and ACC were under an umbrella right up until the point where the Big Ten hammer ****ed us in the ass?

Just say no to umbrellas.
"keep your friends close and your enemies closer". Kevin Warren was following Sun Tzu's strategy -- to the point that Yormark and Kliavkoff didn't even realize they were his enemies.

first, I said "I want to believe". that's very different than "I think that". Let's show each mutual respect by staying away from straw man arguments.

second, I think it's plausible - even likely - that "everyone" was taken by surprise by the LA schools move, including those two (CU apparently was, right?). I also think it's likely that before committing to join a new conference with no near-term revenue, they had some confidence that the ACC was the best path forward for them. If Stanford and Cal didn't have reason to believe an ACC move was the best option, they would've stayed with the Pac-2 and worked on a merger with MWC.

and I haven't had any new insight suggesting there's another path to survival for the ACC beyond ND joining.
I want to believe Margot Robbie thinks I’m hot. It’s about as realistic as Stanford and Cal having some kind of inside info on the future of the ACC.

I want to believe Margot Robbie thinks I’m hot. It’s about as realistic as Stanford and Cal having some kind of inside info on the future of the ACC.
I honestly and sincerely disagree completely. I think it's completely realistic that after being burned by their membership in the Pac that Stanford and Cal gained a lot of understanding of their likely and potential future outcomes when making a conference choice. We're talking about entities doing business in the 100's of millions of dollars here, not a sexual fantasy.

I honestly and sincerely disagree completely. I think it's completely realistic that after being burned by their membership in the Pac that Stanford and Cal gained a lot of understanding of their likely and potential future outcomes when making a conference choice. We're talking about entities doing business in the 100's of millions of dollars here, not a sexual fantasy.
Or, and hear me out, Stanford and Cal landed in the only place that would take them, and they had to pay for the privilege.

Or, and hear me out, Stanford and Cal landed in the only place that would take them, and they had to pay for the privilege.
Come on. I don't believe for a second that the MWC wouldn't have taken Stanford and Cal -- without the financial penalty that the ACC required -- and I really doubt you believe it either.

if Stanford and Cal really thought their futures in either the ACC or MWC were equivalent, they wouldn't have agreed to give up near term revenue to the current ACC members.

Come on. I don't believe for a second that the MWC wouldn't have taken Stanford and Cal -- without the financial penalty that the ACC required -- and I really doubt you believe it either.

if Stanford and Cal really thought their futures in either the ACC or MWC were equivalent, they wouldn't have agreed to give up near term revenue to the current ACC members.

You're forgetting one gigantic detail. Both Stanford and Cal would dump their entire athletic departments before they associated themselves with Fresno State, San Jose State, and Boise Community College*. They'd gladly pay to be associated with Duke, Georgia Tech, UVa, and UNC given the two options.

* - the Boise Community College moniker is the best thing to ever come out of Ramnation.

Fear and rumor rule college football much more than well thought out strategy. Ultimately none of it matters until ESPN and Fox are ready to take the next step. Doesn’t seem likely to happen right now. At least that’s what I’m hearing from Margot Robbie😂

Fear and rumor rule college football much more than well thought out strategy. Ultimately none of it matters until ESPN and Fox are ready to take the next step. Doesn’t seem likely to happen right now. At least that’s what I’m hearing from Margot Robbie😂
Wait. You know her? Can you introduce me?

Back