What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Men's LAX Advances to National Championship

Disappointing final, but still a heck of a season. Would have been an upset if we had won. CSU was clearly the top club program all year.

CU isn't at CSU's level yet, in order to beat CSU as of late it has to be a near perfect game. But still a very good effort by clearly the 2nd best club team in the country.

Hats off to CSU team. Very impressive this year in that they handled all comers with ease. CU was #2 in the end, but a great year. Hope Bohn is watching. There is some chatter that the CSU AD (who one must admit has some brass ones) is investigating a bold move forward here. He senses an opportunity....

Hats off to CSU team. Very impressive this year in that they handled all comers with ease. CU was #2 in the end, but a great year. Hope Bohn is watching. There is some chatter that the CSU AD (who one must admit has some brass ones) is investigating a bold move forward here. He senses an opportunity....

That would require them adding at least 2 women's sports first. I don't see that happening

I believe CU and CSU should elevate men's LAX to full D1 status soon before the other schools in the region decide to add men's LAX.

This would be a great way to fill in the team sports gap in the spring. The time between April and the first football game is pretty dead IMO.

I believe CU and CSU should elevate men's LAX to full D1 status soon before the other schools in the region decide to add men's LAX.

This would be a great way to fill in the team sports gap in the spring. The time between April and the first football game is pretty dead IMO.

while I would agree, Baseball, Hockey, and Men's Tennis and their supporters would ask you to take a number and get back in line.

CU really does need a Spring spectator sport. As much as I prefer hockey, it would be far more expensive and would be played in the Winter.

I'd be on board with a men's LAX program. We gotta add a men's team sometime, right? Since title IX, we've added women's volleyball, women's soccer, women's lacrosse and disbanded the men's tennis program. That's a net gain of about 30 scholarships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Colorado High School Lacrosse All-State games:

This year's Froelicher Toll games (the year-end All Star games) will be held Thursday, May 23, at Denver's All City Stadium.

The evenings schedule will be:

4A All State game 5:30 p.m.

Presentation of Awards
7:00 p.m.

5A All State game 7:30 p.m.

This is a fun night and a great time to honor high school lacrosse and Colorado players and coaches. Many awards will be announced between the two games - 13 All Americans, 6 Academic All Americans, the Doc Stabler award, the Zach Hills and Colin Cassidy Memorial awards, the Coach of the Year for 4A and 5A, Assistant Coaches of the Year for 4A and 5A, and Man of the Year

Title IX really screws men's sports. You end up with 85 scholarships for football, which is needed to pay the other's bills (men and women's).

Would be really nice to exempt sports that pay for themselves (just like there's no limit on club sports, who still wear the uniform).

I peeked at CsU's men's sports and they have 4 sports. Football, MBB, Golf, and T&F. That's it.

Men's Lacrosse & Hockey make money at a lot of schools. It would be tougher out here with travel costs.

Last edited:
Title IX really screws men's sports. You end up with 85 scholarships for football, which is needed to pay the other's bills (men and women's).

Would be really nice to exempt sports that pay for themselves (just like there's no limit on club sports, who still wear the uniform).

I peeked at CU's men's sports and they have 4 sports. Football, MBB, Golf, and T&F. That's it.

Men's Lacrosse & Hockey make money at a lot of schools. It would be tougher out here with travel costs.
Don't tell that to the defending national champs in skiing.

Back