What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU officially hires Mel Tucker as new Head Football Coach

“Tucker hasn’t been the Head Coach of a National Championship team, how can we be sure he can do it here?”

“Tucker has only recruited elite players to elite programs, how can we be sure he can do it here?”

“Tucker’s playcalling has only been really good with top recruits at top programs, how can we be sure he can do it here?”

See how dumb these kind of concerns sound when you actually read them out loud?

Can we bring the disluke button back already?

there are no sure-things in life or sports. even urban or saban would not be a sure-thing at CU. what we can do is control the things that can be controlled to increase the chances of success. when we talk about getting the pieces into place, that's what it means-- reducing the number of barriers to success. Coach Tucker is a really good choice for the program. the quibbles with his resume or whatever are unimportant.

and, don't expect me to "temper" my expectations. we aren't hitting the minimum standard and haven't for a long a time, either recruiting or wins. yes, there are challenges that the new staff is going to face here. i expect them to overcome those challenges and to hit the minimum standards and then move us up from there. no excuses.

last, i worry the least right now about fan support, financially and otherwise. win and they will come. we don't even have to win big right away-- we just have to have a positive trajectory to draw people back.

we're in position to get back to relevance. the variables and obstacles have been addressed as best they can be. now, sit back and enjoy the ride.

there are no sure-things in life or sports. even urban or saban would not be a sure-thing at CU. what we can do is control the things that can be controlled to increase the chances of success. when we talk about getting the pieces into place, that's what it means-- reducing the number of barriers to success. Coach Tucker is a really good choice for the program. the quibbles with his resume or whatever are unimportant.

and, don't expect me to "temper" my expectations. we aren't hitting the minimum standard and haven't for a long a time, either recruiting or wins. yes, there are challenges that the new staff is going to face here. i expect them to overcome those challenges and to hit the minimum standards and then move us up from there. no excuses.

last, i worry the least right now about fan support, financially and otherwise. win and they will come. we don't even have to win big right away-- we just have to have a positive trajectory to draw people back.

we're in position to get back to relevance. the variables and obstacles have been addressed as best they can be. now, sit back and enjoy the ride.

Yes. As I ranted at Seattle buff weeks ago, we averaged 47,000 the last 2 years for a team that went 5-7. If we could even manage back to back 8 win seasons we’d all lose our ****, sell outs will happen all year. As it is, when you’re mediocre and you’re playing ****ing Oregon state nobody wants to watch that **** that’s a bandwagon fan. Tucker and the home schedule will be very conducive to high numbers next year. I’d happy wager money we average 48,000+. Nebraska and Air Force are standing room only sellouts easily.

Back