1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cu- osu 2011

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by PhillyBuff, Aug 22, 2010.

1. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

What has to happen for this game to be finalized? Is it dependent on moving to the PAC next year? We both have an open week... but it isn't the same week...

2. MontanaBuff

MontanaBuff Club Member Club Member

Until (or, in theory, unless), the move in 2011 is agreed upon, the Ohio state game a moot point.

Look for the announcement on the move by the Buffs to the Pac-12 in 2011 to be made a week or two into the season, when no one will pay much attention to the details of the financial settlement. The buyout will come with handshakes and praise for all parties working together (in contrast to the messy divorce which will be taking place between the WAC and Fresno State/Nevada).

Once the move to the Pac-12 becomes a done deal, the 2011 schedule can be finalized.

3. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I'm pretty sure Bohn wouldn'tve offered if he wasn't sure CU would be in the Pacific 12 next season. At least I hope not.

4. PhillyBuff

So you are saying that Bohn offered CU to play 1 game at OSU in Columbus? was the 2MM his idea as well :)

5. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

If it makes you feel better. :thumbsup:

6. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

Money has to come from somewhere if we aren't getting it from our conference. A game on national TV will only help too

7. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

All things considered, I'd prefer another home game. The money would be as good or better. Not that I think the OSU game is a bad idea, just that I think there are better ones that should be able to present themselves.

8. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

Not a big fan of this kind of scheduling, but if it's necessary, then it's necessary...

9. PhillyBuff

It is great to come to this side of the country for CU> we just need a better coach.....

We were supposed to play a 3 game set with PSU in 09, 11 & 12

10. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

I would have preferred 3 seasons of playing Penn State over one season of playing OSU