What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Police Dept = a collection of Barney Fifes

I hear you, Sacky. At the CSU game, my mom and nephew decided to leave at halftime. I told her to give me the tickets (with re-entry passes) and I'd see if I could get a few bucks for them. I get stopped by 3 of CUPD's finest, threatened with a ticket (because you apparently can't sell tickets on campus property even though there are scalpers all over the place doing it before the games), then he takes my name and phone number down, gives me a lecture, and tears up the tickets.

It was ridiculous, although not as bad as what happened with you guys.

CU police gave me an MIP when I was in high school. Guess that was my fault though. They're still dicks.

buffarino, that takes the cake, seeing some wanna be cop tear up my tix wouldmake ,me go postal. that is nuts.i have zero respect for small town suburban cops on power trips

Sorry Sacky.....

joke is on you.... they came in under the auspices of breaking the alcohol rules in Boulder... what they really were doing was more investigation and fact gathering about your grill....

I think that your father is the new prime suspect....

Sorry Sacky.....

joke is on you.... they came in under the auspices of breaking the alcohol rules in Boulder... what they really were doing was more investigation and fact gathering about your grill....

I think that your father is the new prime suspect....

It's possible. I stole it from him in the first place.

And wispys account is dead on accurate. There were folks 20 yards away from us doing the exact same thing without incident. The folks at the Buffulance/Buff Bus gater were still going strong. Why these two idots felt the need to justify their existence by rattling our cage remains a mystery. Maybe they felt that the only place they could get some "respect" was from an 80-year old man. :huh:

It's possible. I stole it from him in the first place.

And wispys account is dead on accurate. There were folks 20 yards away from us doing the exact same thing without incident. The folks at the Buffulance/Buff Bus gater were still going strong. Why these two idots felt the need to justify their existence by rattling our cage remains a mystery. Maybe they felt that the only place they could get some "respect" was from an 80-year old man. :huh:

We walked across Farrand after the game. (Looked for you guys, but you guys must have gone on the lam by then... :lol:). If those assholes were looking for people to ticket for drinking after the game, there were no less than 5 large groups right there waiting for them. To go after an older man, a banker and a dwarf sipping on a beer seems incredibly ridiculous.... :rolleyes:

whoa. after reading the play by play, this is even dumber than i previously imagined. you ought to complain, sack. that's not right. in terms of who should be "showing respect" it is the cops... if you have any political contacts like at the city council or something, i'd do that too. i'd make sure these boys were sweating their jobs by the time i was done, if i were you.

Maybe someone needs to report them...how many 80 year olds are causing trouble?

I see it as a big nationwide problem...people in authority think their God and act like a-holes. And they wonder why they get no respect? :huh:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiayUDn9m8w"]YouTube - Old People fight[/ame]

whoa. after reading the play by play, this is even dumber than i previously imagined. you ought to complain, sack. that's not right. in terms of who should be "showing respect" it is the cops... if you have any political contacts like at the city council or something, i'd do that too. i'd make sure these boys were sweating their jobs by the time i was done, if i were you.

I have a ton of political contacts - in Longmont. Boulder, not so much. Plus, I didn't even get the douchebag's name & badge number. I figure asking for something like that in that kind of situation only escalates things. Mostly, I wanted them to go away. The tough guy in me gets pretty pussified when my father, father in law, and daughter are all there, watching my every move. The last thing I need is to get arrested in front of my daughter. Believe me, these assholes would have done it if they felt they could get away with it.

buffarino, that takes the cake, seeing some wanna be cop tear up my tix wouldmake ,me go postal. that is nuts.i have zero respect for small town suburban cops on power trips

I didn't really even care about that. The part that bothered me is the inconsistent application of the rules at games in Boulder. A couple examples:

1. I got busted for the tickets, as mentioned above. Yet on Saturday I saw a couple scalpers selling tickets exactly where I got in trouble. There were 6 cops (3 CUPD, 3 Boulder county sheriffs) within ~20 feet of them. Yet those guys were free to sell their tickets precisely where I was told it was illegal (and only 2 weeks earier).

2. 2-3 years ago, I got an open container ticket for walking up Colorado towards the stadium with an open drink in my hand. Yet on Saturday they had a Boulder County sheriff at the corner of Folsom and Colorado just telling people to throw their open beers in the recycle bin. I'm sure they'll go back to writing tickets soon.

Who knows WTF the rules are or how they will be applied from week to week. It's ridiculous.:confused:

What´s the thing with open containers anyway? I thought it was ok to drink in public on campus on game days.

What´s the thing with open containers anyway? I thought it was ok to drink in public on campus on game days.

Barney told us that it's supposedly OK prior to the game, but afterwards the same standard open container rules apply. Which, of course, is utter bullshat. I'm sure these two were headed over to the Gold lot to write a bunch of open container violations after they were done with us. :rolleyes:

As 'Rino said, the inconstency of the application of the rules is amazing. Barney was probably lying anyway. I very seriously doubt that the CU admin told the BoCo Sherriff's dept to cut down on drinking after the game.

Barney told us that it's supposedly OK prior to the game, but afterwards the same standard open container rules apply. Which, of course, is utter bullshat. I'm sure these two were headed over to the Gold lot to write a bunch of open container violations after they were done with us. :rolleyes:

As 'Rino said, the inconstency of the application of the rules is amazing. Barney was probably lying anyway. I very seriously doubt that the CU admin told the BoCo Sherriff's dept to cut down on drinking after the game.

Power tripping idiots who think their badge compensates for shortcomings elsewhere, most likely below the belt line, then. :rolleyes: ... or maybe he´d just gotten a call from his wife while she was ****ing someone else.

But seriously, picking out your dad of all people totally takes the cake.

Cops should serve the public and it should not the other way around.

OMG ruffbuff, that is the best youtube I've ever seen. that guy threw a punch and went down like a sack of hammers. unbelievable.

I didn't really even care about that. The part that bothered me is the inconsistent application of the rules at games in Boulder. A couple examples:

1. I got busted for the tickets, as mentioned above. Yet on Saturday I saw a couple scalpers selling tickets exactly where I got in trouble. There were 6 cops (3 CUPD, 3 Boulder county sheriffs) within ~20 feet of them. Yet those guys were free to sell their tickets precisely where I was told it was illegal (and only 2 weeks earier).

2. 2-3 years ago, I got an open container ticket for walking up Colorado towards the stadium with an open drink in my hand. Yet on Saturday they had a Boulder County sheriff at the corner of Folsom and Colorado just telling people to throw their open beers in the recycle bin. I'm sure they'll go back to writing tickets soon.

Who knows WTF the rules are or how they will be applied from week to week. It's ridiculous.:confused:

Perhaps "asshole" is resonating a little stronger from you this season... :smile2:

Don't the other Police dept's around Boulder help out with crowd control on game days? Just a thought, can't say I ever looked too close at the cops around Folsom on gamedays, as they would probably tase me for "disorderly conduct," the catch-all charge cops use to bully people for no reason.

Don't tase me bro!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bVa6jn4rpE"]YouTube - University of Florida student Tasered at Kerry forum[/ame]

After giving it some more thought, this really pisses me off more now. I'm trying to instill a sense of respect for authority with my daughter. I tell her "if you ever get lost, find a policeman, they'll help you". And then this asshole comes along and pulls a stunt like that. Thanks for ruining several years of hard work there, barney.

:bang:

After giving it some more thought, this really pisses me off more now. I'm trying to instill a sense of respect for authority with my daughter. I tell her "if you ever get lost, find a policeman, they'll help you". And then this asshole comes along and pulls a stunt like that. Thanks for ruining several years of hard work there, barney.

OTOH, she might be better off learning that lesson sooner rather than later.

That video is weird/funny! I was trying to figure out what language they were "speaking"...it kinda sounded Russian but not exactly. The tv station was French I think. :wow:

OTOH, she might be better off learning that lesson sooner rather than later.

When you're six years old, you need to know you can trust the police to do the right thing. It's one thing for a grown man (I'm 40!!!) to mouth off to the police, but kids don't need to have it in their head that it's OK to do so.

Luckily, I don't think she was even paying attention. She was more interested in finding pine cones and random piles of ice cubes.

When you're six years old, you need to know you can trust the police to do the right thing. It's one thing for a grown man (I'm 40!!!) to mouth off to the police, but kids don't need to have it in their head that it's OK to do so.

Luckily, I don't think she was even paying attention. She was more interested in finding pine cones and random piles of ice cubes.

Just make sure she knows to ditch the open beer before she goes to the policeman for help.... :smile:

I still think you should make a report...explain the circumstances and the fact your daughter was there with her grandpas. Maybe the bad cops that did it will not be known, but the department should know what's going on out on the streets.

I hate when cops demand respect when they absolutely do the wrong things and end up pissing everyone off. You get respect when you act respectfully.

I know, and I think you´re doing the right thing with your daughter, don´t get me wrong, but sooner or later you´re going to find out that a good amount of cops are just power tripping assholes.

Perhaps "asshole" is resonating a little stronger from you this season... :smile2:

Could be, although I didn't even see the cops until they summoned me over to them, so I dunno.

It's just ridiculous. Just one more reason why I hate Boulder. I love going up to games and the scenery up there is beautiful, but I just don't care for the inhabitants (police and CUPD included) one bit...

I know, and I think you´re doing the right thing with your daughter, don´t get me wrong, but sooner or later you´re going to find out that a good amount of cops are just power tripping assholes.

Truer words have never been spoken. The sad part is that it doesn't have to be that way. I guess it's asking too much of them to be any different, though. You have to know that's the reason they became cops in the first place - to have free reign to screw with people.

A couple of CU cops decides it's their duty to make sure we know who's boss around these parts. They start harassing my Dad (all 5'10" 150 lbs of 80 year old man) and telling him that they don't appreciate his lack of respect. :wtf:

Wish I was there... I would have maced the bastards! :thumbsup:

Back