What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Rank in CFP Poll - 11/1: #15

Where will CU be ranked in the CFP Poll?

• 12 or better

• 21 or worse

Results are only viewable after voting.
If UW wins out, they'll jump A&M. a 1 loss non-champion won't get in over them.
The annoying part is even though washingtons out of conference is soft, they play an extra game against a PAC 12 team and will play two more when they get to the championship game.

Pollack saying there's not a Top 15 team in the Pac-12 right after they talk about #15 Colorado was funny.

Stanford will finish this season at 9-3. That's going to dramatically enhance Washington's resume. And CU's. People aren't respecting Furd right now, but no one should be batting an eye at sitting at 5-3 with losses to UW, WSU and CU.

Pollack has been a bitch about the PAC 12 for most of the season so far. Honestly his take is that crazy, it's hard to look at the PAC with Oregon, Stanford and USC down and think much of them until the end of the season when it sorts itself out.

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Michigan
4. Texas A&M
5. Washington
6. Ohio State
7. Louisville
8. Wisconsin
9. Auburn
10. Nebraska
11. Florida
12. Penn State
13. LSU
14. Oklahoma
15. Colorado
16. Utah
17. Baylor
18. Oklahoma State
19. Virginia Tech
20. West Virginia
21. North Carolina
22. Florida State
23. Western Michigan
24. Boise State
25. Washington State

I wanted to cheer Kanell.

Thanks for standing up for us, Danny.

The ****ting on Stanford is based on superficialities, though. No mention of all the injuries they had against UW, WSU, and ND.

we are on a roll.

BEAT fUCLA and send their powder blue wearing, choking dog, can't run the ball, selves home crying.

Galloway is a bit of a tool no doubt ... but he can be real funny sometimes and he's definitely smart.

Pollack OTOH is like the idot nephew in the family that no one wants to talk about. He is really dumb.

And as soon as I typed that ... he steps up and says CU will be interesting to follow and gives us a chance to win the CCG. Oh well ...

Pac12 is the Rodney Dangerfield of these discussion shows.

The computers actually like the Pac12 and the Big XII (the other neglected step child), but they're the 2 P5 conferences not represented.

The weak bottom in the SEC, ACC, and BIG 10 has as much to do with the "greatness" of their top teams as being top heavy.

I can't wait for a playoff where conference champions are guaranteed playoff spots.

From the Sagarin Ratings here are the Conference (Split into divisions) rankings:

CONFERENCE CENTRAL MEAN SIMPLE AVERAGE TEAMS WIN50%

1 SEC-WEST 86.92
2 PAC-12(NORTH) 78.98
3 PAC-12(SOUTH) 78.78
4 BIG 12 77.51
5 ACC-ATLANTIC 77.28
6 BIG TEN-EAST 77.13
7 ACC-COASTAL 76.86
8 BIG TEN-WEST 75.66
9 SEC-EAST 72.49

Ugggh..... it looked like a pretty table when I cut/pasted it... I left just the average ranking up there.

There's not a ton of difference there.. except for the SEC-West and East being awesome and horrible respectively. The values project to points, i.e. if you compare the average SEC-West team to the average SEC-East team, Sagarin says there is a 2 touchdown difference; while only a FG separates Pac12 North from Big Ten West.​

Last edited:
Sincere question ... at the beginning of the season would anyone here have predicted (or did) that CU would be ranked as high as #15 in the first CFP poll? This is pretty amazing IMO.

I know I didn't.

Sincere question ... at the beginning of the season would anyone here have predicted (or did) that CU would be ranked as high as #15 in the first CFP poll? This is pretty amazing IMO.

Sincere answer: No.

This season has been special. We may never have another like it where the Buffs were so good after having such middling to low fan expectations.

Back