What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Rival In The Big 12

PAC MAN

Buffalo to the core.
Club Member

Dylan Edwards coming back to Boulder in purple and silver is going to get my juices flowing. I enjoyed the last year we were conference rivals when we beat them with Brain Carbal as the interim coach and Tad Boyle led us to three wins over those losers who refused to admit that CU was the better team.

Dylan Edwards coming back to Boulder in purple and silver is going to get my juices flowing. I enjoyed the last year we were conference rivals when we beat them with Brain Carbal as the interim coach and Tad Boyle led us to three wins over those losers who refused to admit that CU was the better team.
I kinda like the OK State rivalry.
KState has Kansas
Utah has BYU
AZ has AZState
Since we are not gonna play NE or CSU for a while, give us 4-5 years of OK State to end the seasons

We need to go on a 3 game winning streak over Utah to get the series back in our favor

We were pretty far ahead until we joined the PAC in our darkest days and now they believe they own us

We are 32-35-3, but are 2-11 in the PAC era, meaning we entered 2011 with a 6 game lead, ugghhhh

No go on Utah as rival anymore, we have all the right in the world to now say that our old friends at OK State are our rival for the time being

Fans out there loathe Coach Prime and that very well could lead us to having our next rival.

I still want to whoop those cowboys from Stillwater thanks to the 2016 Alamo Bowl. I want to destroy both Kansas schools and it's a bummer we don't play all of our old Big 8 rivals since we miss out on Iowa State this year.

Nebraska. I would expect Rick George and whoever their AD is to get another round of games on the schedule either during the weekend this year or at some point during the 24-25 academic year.

None. There’s no one in this conference that is worth our time or attention.
Well, here we are, and there's absolutely zero guarantee we'll be anywhere else in our lifetimes, so as a fan, it's more fun when there is a "rivalry" game on the schedule.

Nebraska. I would expect Rick George and whoever their AD is to get another round of games on the schedule either during the weekend this year or at some point during the 24-25 academic year.
2029 is the next non con opening, with Florida and CSU scheduled.

I never want to see two P4 teams plus the wildly stupid in state rivalry game in the same non con.

Last year was a bit lucky to come out 3-0, and it was exhausting.

2029 is the next non con opening, with Florida and CSU scheduled.

I never want to see two P4 teams plus the wildly stupid in state rivalry game in the same non con.

Last year was a bit lucky to come out 3-0, and it was exhausting.
I largely agree, but as long as CU is in the Big 12, they may have to beef up their schedule if they want to be considered for an at large CFP spot. The further down this P2 path we get, the more likely it is that a 10-2 non champ Big 12 team gets left out for a 9-3 SEC/B1G program.

I largely agree, but as long as CU is in the Big 12, they may have to beef up their schedule if they want to be considered for an at large CFP spot. The further down this P2 path we get, the more likely it is that a 10-2 non champ Big 12 team gets left out for a 9-3 SEC/B1G program.
We are already there in my opinion.

That's definitely a possibility, I also think it's a possibility that in the next 5 years the expanded CFP and the oversized conferences end up proving that 3rd place SEC/B1G < 2nd place Big XII/ACC.

That's definitely a possibility, I also think it's a possibility that in the next 5 years the expanded CFP and the oversized conferences end up proving that 3rd place SEC/B1G < 2nd place Big XII/ACC.

Unless they go with that 14-team plan where the 2 teams from the ACC and Big 12 are guaranteed bids

We are already there in my opinion.
I think in 2024 there will still be a sentiment among the committee that Big 12 programs are still “power” programs and that a P4 exists to an extent. There will still be preferential treatment to B1G and SEC of course, but there are like 5-6 Big 12 teams in almost every preseason Top 25. That probably doesn’t last beyond 2024

Back