1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CU -UT on Columbus Day Weekend?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by OUBuff, Feb 2, 2009.

1. OUBuff

OUBuff In the Basket of Deplorables Club Member

I don't know if anyone else noticed this or not, but if memory serves it is traditionally OU-Texas weekend. Looks that with the change in venue for the OU-UT game, they also changed the weekend. As a student, that was always a great weekend because you and an extra day to recover.

May be good for CU however, as UT may be looking ahead to the OU game the week following.

2. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Looks like over the past few years the OU-UT game has been on either the first or 2nd weekend of October, so yes, this would be a change as far as which weekend it falls on since it will be the 3rd weekend of October this year. I know it has always coincided with the Texas State Fair in the past, but that still leaves alot of flexibility because that fair spans 4 weekends in 2009 (http://www.bigtex.com/).

3. unbiasedtruth

unbiasedtruth Well-Known Member

did you think Texas played as if they were looking ahead to the Oklahoma/Texas game this past October as the game against Colorado was the week before too???

4. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

If they were, it wouldn't have mattered with the shape of our team at the time. But, we're all hoping our team will be significantly better this year so we can take advantage of any looking ahead should it happen.

5. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King Club Member

wispy go to sleep homie

6. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King Club Member

good news i should hit 3000 by the end of signing day haha

7. unbiasedtruth

I guess what I was trying to say.... is look at the records of Oklahoma and Texas the week before they play each other under Stoops and Brown. Between them there is one loss, I believe, and that was OU's in 2007 to CU. So yes it could happen again as it has happened once in 21 games, but I dont think Oklahoma or Texas look past any opponent, especially in Big XII play. Its been said many times before about Oklahoma, and I am pretty darn sure Texas too. When teams play Oklahoma it brings out the best in them. :thumbsup:

8. iggy

iggy Member

2 times.

1 to CU

1 to KSU

9. unbiasedtruth

1999 in Stoops 1st year OU lost to Notre Dame the week before Texas.... but I didnt count it as it wasn't a conference game....