What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU vs [REDACTED]- GAME THREAD

Should make Cal (or either team?) available in the event UW can’t go, and UO gets bumped up, assuming they can figure it out in time.

Should make Cal (or either team?) available in the event UW can’t go, and UO gets bumped up, assuming they can figure it out in time.

Doesn’t that say both Cal and Arizona have issues with enough scholarship players?
TSchek is correct. Neither team is in a position to have enough players out of the protocol to play by conference rules.

At this point their big concern is having two teams on the field for the CCG. Beyond that they want to fill as many of the TV time slots as possible but last weekend they had some of those slots go unfilled and it wouldn't be a surprise if the same happened this weekend.

They have the four teams in LA so they should be able to get two on the field. It wouldn't be unexpected for Washington to not be able to go moving Oregon into the championship and leaving CU without a game. Welcome to Covid scheduling.

TSchek is correct. Neither team is in a position to have enough players out of the protocol to play by conference rules.

At this point their big concern is having two teams on the field for the CCG. Beyond that they want to fill as many of the TV time slots as possible but last weekend they had some of those slots go unfilled and it wouldn't be a surprise if the same happened this weekend.

They have the four teams in LA so they should be able to get two on the field. It wouldn't be unexpected for Washington to not be able to go moving Oregon into the championship and leaving CU without a game. Welcome to Covid scheduling.
Yes, the last few hours have indicated we most likely won’t be playing either team...appears my kneejerk reaction was probably incorrect.

We've gotta know early in the week on Washington-If they want to have the "CCG" Friday, tomorrow's Tuesday basically.

So irresponsible to let a team and staff fly out to a shut down state to only turn around and come back

Every game played is more fun for the players, more fun for the fans, and more revenue for the PAC 12. If CU has to switch up an opponent at the last minute (or not play in a worst case scenario), so be it. You do it for the health of the conference, which aligns with the concept of being a good teammate.

I don't understand at all flying four teams to LA.

Don't you think it's because of equipment?

I mean, they have two choices: give UWand USC a Wednesday night deadline to be all clear (which UW probably won't make), or have all 4 teams be where they are ready to go day of. You can't say, hey Oregon, it's Friday afternoon, can you hop on a plane to LA? The players might get there, but none of their equipment will.

Let me just be clear: I don't LIKE how this is being handled, I just see their logic.

Back