What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU vs Utah 12/12 10:00 AM Fox BIG NOON SATURDAY - GAME THREAD

I don't hate the call either. We bitch and bitch about not being aggressive. The fumble sucked, but I hate the conservative kneel.

I don't hate the call either. We bitch and bitch about not being aggressive. The fumble sucked, but I hate the conservative kneel.
Running the ball up the middle is not exactly being aggressive. Best case you pick up 5. Worst case, well...

Aggressive would have been throwing the ball to try to get another score with 1 minute left at the start of the possession.

We ran ****ing dive plays. The decision was to be conservative.

Only thing I can think of that would explain KD's thinking was that Utah had 3 timeouts and KD didn't want to have to punt in this weather.

Aggressive would have been throwing the ball to try to get another score with 1 minute left at the start of the possession.

Only thing I can think of that would explain KD's thinking was that Utah had 3 timeouts and KD didn't want to have to punt in this weather.
Right. They could’ve bled more clock even after the first down run. Utah wasn’t calling a timeout then.

Always risk in any decision. Maybe on 2nd down when there’s 12 seconds left and Utah isn’t try to stop the clock, that’s when you kneel, but it’s all hindsight. Nobody questioning the call if Brou hangs on

The only problem with just taking a knee is Utah had all 3 timeouts.
BUT, Utah wasn't using them. Running the ball on 1st down is fine, kneeling on 2nd down was the right move.

But whatever, what's past is past. Need to figure out a way to put points on the board in the 2nd half. Utah's going to find a way to exploit Nate being out.

Always risk in any decision. Maybe on 2nd down when there’s 12 seconds left and Utah isn’t try to stop the clock, that’s when you kneel, but it’s all hindsight. Nobody questioning the call if Brou hangs on
If he hangs on, they likely take a knee on the next play anyways.

Back