What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CUBuffs.com: Austin Becomes Record Holder, CU Defeats Oregon State (Volleyball)

RSSBot

News Junkie
In the Buffs' victory over Oregon State on Friday night, 3-2, Alexis Austin became the CU rally scoring era career kills record holder, finishing the game with 27 kills and 1,299 in her career.
Continue reading...

"
BOULDER - In the Buffs’ victory over Oregon State on Friday night, 3-2 (25-18, 23-25, 25-18, 23-25, 15-10), Alexis Austin became the CU rally scoring era career kills record holder, finishing the game with 27 kills and 1,299 in her career.

“When we first started out, I thought, ‘maybe not, I’ll just do my best for the team,’ and then it just came along as I kept fighting,” said Austin of her record. “I felt like tonight was definitely a great night on my behalf and as a team. To be honest, I can’t do it without them.”

Austin became the record holder in the third set when she hit 1,284 kills, bringing the score to 7-5. The Buffs proceeded to win the set, 25-18.

The Buffs are now 14-9 overall and 6-5 in the Pac-12. They return to Coors Events Center Saturday at 7 p.m. to take on Oregon.

“We never shied away from a challenge and we won’t shy away from this either. We played more sets, more attacks, and more jumping than we cared to, but this is the game,” said Kritza. “Playing in the Pac-12 means playing one tough opponent after another. We’ll turn around, we’ll rest, we’ll recover, and we’ll prepare.”
"

Boxscore- http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=210459071

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats once again to the team for the win, and especially for Ms. Austin setting the kills record, showing what a great Buff she's been throughout her time in Boulder, and also being the key to victory with a GREAT night!

Buffs now over .500 again in conference, with a chance to go 2 games over .500 in the Pac for the 1st time this year. Time to go duck hunting tonight.

Looks like the Buffs led most of the statistical categories, but OSU must have been serving tough and/ or the Buffs were off in serve receive, as they had one of their worst nights statistically all year in that category- allowing 8 aces. Also, looks like the Beavers were very successful in finding our setter on defense, as her 18 digs are way more than a team typically wants their setter to have to make.

Last edited:
I am so happy for Alexis! She has worked through so many injuries to achieve this. Yes, she was the key to the win last night with all of her kills.

It looked to me like OSU found a spot in the back of the court where there were not any Buffs and they just kept going to the same spot. I kept wondering why there were no Buffs there. It happened in several different rotations.

Back