1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CUBuffs.com: Buffs Shine At Stanford Twilight (Track and Field)

Discussion in 'University of Colorado News and Olympic Sports' started by RSSBot, Apr 22, 2016.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

The Buffs shined in the distance events at the Stanford Twilight on Friday night.
    Continue reading...

"
    STANFORD, Calif. – University of Colorado freshman Dani Jones cruised to the fifth fastest 1,500-meter time in the NCAA this season, clocking in at 4 minutes, 14.29 seconds on Friday night at the Stanford Twilight.

The Buffs will wrap-up action at the CSM Nature’s Bakery Invite on Saturday.
    "

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2016
  2. AztecBuff

AztecBuff Club Member Club Member

Great to see so many Buffs (including many freshmen and sophomores) coming up with great PR performances, including in areas (sprints and field events) where the Buffs haven't recently provided many points in major meets.

Should be interesting to see how the Buffs fare in the upcoming Pac 12 championships in Seattle, where I'd hope and expect to see improvement from last year, where the men only finished 7th out of 10 teams, and the women 8th out of 12. (Multi-event (decathlon, heptathlon) Pac 12's are 2 weekends away, with all the other individual events being held in ~3 weeks.)

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I haven't followed closely, but it seems like every week I'm seeing multiple tweets about CU having new school records and/or high finishes in events I'm not used to CU doing well in. T&F program really seems to be building.

4. AztecBuff

AztecBuff Club Member Club Member

Yep- great to see.

When you look at some of the numbers, it also shows what challenges remain, and what great athletes there are in the Pac and across the nation. As just one example, Buff sophomore Ana Holland now holds the CU record in both the 100M (11.63) and 200M (23.54). Looking at last year's Pac 12 championships, those times, again the best ALL-TIME at CU, would have only been good for 6th place in the conference finals.

And, at NCAA's, it is of course even more challenging. Just to qualify to the finals at NCAA's last year in the women's sprints last season, the slowest times were 11.17 and 22.76. (And, its the same stories in many of the events (multi-event, sprints and field events) the Buffs aren't traditional powers in. Heck, even in distance running, the Buffs in a good year get maybe a couple athletes earning points at the NCAA level.)