What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CUBuffs.com: Volleyball Starts Season On Road At Portland State Tournament

****ing lost.

14-16 in the 5th set.

Should not have lost this match.
Agree 100%. In the fourth set it looked like the Buffs forgot how to play ... almost no defense and spotty offense. Then in the fifth they couldn't get much going either. Late in the fifth there appeared to be 2 calls that the Buffs thought should have gone their way but neither of them did. But they never should have put themselves in a position where that could make the difference. The team that played so well in set 3 didn't come out to play in sets 4 or 5. These two matches have certainly given the coaches a list of things that they need to work on.

Agree 100%. In the fourth set it looked like the Buffs forgot how to play ... almost no defense and spotty offense. Then in the fifth they couldn't get much going either. Late in the fifth there appeared to be 2 calls that the Buffs thought should have gone their way but neither of them did. But they never should have put themselves in a position where that could make the difference. The team that played so well in set 3 didn't come out to play in sets 4 or 5. These two matches have certainly given the coaches a list of things that they need to work on.

This team is great on the block and should be able to overpower teams. For some reason, that's not translating into kills.

Looks like the Buffs will definitely have to upgrade their performance this evening, as it looks like Long Beach recovered from last night's loss and swept Texas Tech (25-16, 25-16, 25-23) in the match after this morning's CU- Portland State match.

Just checked live stats, and Buffs have won sets 1 & 2 25-21 25-18 over LBSU. Set 3 looks tight, as it's 16 all. Come on Buffs- finish them off QUICK!

Buffs win!!!!

Set 3 is 25-22.

Another great match by Alexa Smith on the offensive side, as she has a huge 19 kills (over 6 kills a set is a BIG offensive night in volleyball) and hits .406.

Obviously early in the year, but so far looks like the Buffs will also be getting a LOT more production out of the middle blockers this year compared to the last couple years, as both Katelyn Cuff and Naghede Abu had 9 kills tonight, hitting a combined GREAT .750 with NO hitting errors between them.

Great win by the Buffs over LBSU. The hitting was excellent by both the middles and Smith and Hayes on the pins. One of the key things I look for is whether or not the opponent gets any big runs of points. That was a problem for the Buffs in both the TTU and PSU matches this weekend. But in the LBSU match, not so much. Hopefully a sign of progress for them.

So the Buffs came out with the 2-1 record that I was guessing for the weekend but the loss was to Portland State which was not what I expected at all. Now we root for Portland State to play well for the season.

Going in to the tournament, I didn't expect the loss to be to Portland State. However, after they beat Long Beach State, I wasn't totally surprised that CU lost to them.

Going in to the tournament, I didn't expect the loss to be to Portland State. However, after they beat Long Beach State, I wasn't totally surprised that CU lost to them.
Exactly my thoughts too after the morning match yesterday. But then CU sweeps LBSU and Portland State turns around and loses to TTU in the final match of the tourney. Weird weekend. Buffs should be 3-0 at this point. Hopefully we were seeing a team that learned from its mistakes and grew as a team in that LBSU sweep.

Had not looked to see what happened to Portland State and Texas Tech. Wow! Didn't expect that.

From the number of players who got playing time, I think Jesse is still figuring things out. Also, we didn't have Gabby and having her should make the team better. Hopefully no injuries occurred out west and we have a full team next weekend.

Back