1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Current Conferences/BCS Title Game

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by VCBuff, Aug 3, 2011.

1. VCBuff

VCBuff Active Member

Thinking about the current BCS configuration, I hope we aren’t headed for an annual matchup of the winner of the SEC vs the winner of the OU/UT game in the BCS title game. With the new conference championship games for the Pac-12 and the Big 10+2, its going to be pretty difficult to get an undefeated team out of either of those conferences. The SEC is guaranteed a bid with either an undefeated or a 1 loss team. The gap between OU & UT and the rest of the Big 12-2 is going to be much wider than it has been recently for say USC or Oregon in the Pac-10 or the best team in the Big 10+2 over the rest of the conference; so the likelihood of the winner of that game going undefeated is better than it was for the old winner of the Pac-10 or Big 10.

I will tire very quickly of repeated matchups of OU/UT vs the winner of the SEC.

2. GregInArlington

GregInArlington Well-Known Member

I dont think that this will be a problem. Usually by the end of the year so much has gone on that the better teams are more apparent - it's not just all about the records.

Also, Texas won't be great again for a few years (they have no QB) - so you only have to worry about OU for now - but they are overrated this year.

3. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

I don't know, how many times did tOSU go when they didn't deserve it?

4. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

An undefeated SEC team got beat out of the title game by a 1 loss Big 12 team 7 years ago.

5. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

If you are referring to Auburn, OU and USC were undefeated.

6. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Oh ya, I was thinking 2003 Oklahoma 1 loss team getting in, but yes those were the teams. Regardless the SEC has been denied fairly recently with a undefeated team.

7. Maxer

Maxer Member

I think an undefeated or one loss team out of the PAC-12 is almost assured a trip as well (as is an undefeated/one loss Big 10 team). It's OU/Texas that should be concerned -- w/o a championship game it will be easy to stick them in another BCS game instead of the NCG. Kind of like what used to happen to the Pac-10 teams.

8. GregInArlington

GregInArlington Well-Known Member

very good point.