1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D-Line Article

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by The Guest, Aug 23, 2009.

1. The Guest

The Guest Guest

2. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Oct 5, 2008
    pretty much confirms once and for all that this 3-4 thing, just well, isn't........ Expect to see 4 LB's in the game, in a 4-3 alignment, with Rippy or Beatty at one end.

Herrod is a very good pass rusher and it really is starting to sound like West is going to see the field too (sounds "explosive"), so we may not see much of the 4 LB situation this year if he can bring it on the edge....
  3. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Good. I hope we see West contribute. On the other hand, with our depth at linebacker, it would not break my heart to see Burton, Beatty or Rippy up at the line with three solid guys led by Smart and/or Sipili backing them.
  4. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Feb 1, 2008
    smart football called this look we give (3 true DL, but swith a hybrid guy also down) as a 4-3 "under" look.
  5. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Jul 11, 2005
    I'm not going to say Herrod is a "very good pass rusher" because he hasn't shown that yet. Maybe this is the year for him to turn some heads, but so far he's been average.

As far as the 3-4 and 4-3 deal, I don't think they'll have Beatty or Rippy putting their hands on the ground as a DE.