What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

D-Lineman left team

The personnel decisions made by this staff are indeed more troubling than any of their other failures. I hate to say it, but I will not be shocked if there is an exodus of talent at the end of the season.

Unless there is an exodus of coaches before hand...

more of the same to come until Hackins is gone. Not only does Bohnhead need to salvage the recruiting class, but the program with the current players and talent. The longer this muthafuka is the HC the deeper hole the program will be in and the harder it will be to recover. Surely Bohn must see that by now...

I'm sorry, but how many sacks does he have this year? The DL as a whole has not impressed much this year, with the exception of a few flashes from Pericak so I don't have much sympathy for guys complaining about PT when they're not exactly lighting it up.

Attrition is a bad thing no matter the circumstances, but until you produce consistantly, don't be surprised if you are shuffled in and out.

Bohn isn't going to fire Hawkins four games into the season, so all the people with the "fire Hawkins now" rhetoric need to get a ****ing clue.

Be patient. A coaching change will be coming at the end of the season.

Bohn isn't going to fire Hawkins four games into the season, so all the people with the "fire Hawkins now" rhetoric need to get a ****ing clue.

If/when we get torched by the horns, bohn will be under incredible pressure to get rid of Danny. Thus, I disagree with you.

end of the season may not be good enough. The longer this idot stays on as HC the more damage he's creating. He needs to banned, drawn, and quartered now.

Pros of getting rid of Hawk now:
Save Recruiting (depending on who/when comes in to coach?): Maybe we can pull a nebraska and bring Mac in as interim HC until the hire if we decide to wait? just a wild idea...

End the relentless media coverage of Hawk on the hot seat...

Keep kids from leaving due to disgust and belief that nothing is gonna change.

Get Cabral in there and let him tinker with the team, maybe save the season or make it respectable.

Be the first team out there looking for a new HC, get the feelers out often and early, and if we go the quick hire route, start building the staff early as well... Early bird gets the worm, and I think Kelly is gonna be the clear #1 Coaching prospect this year.

Cons: We pay Hawk 600kish extra to sit a little longer...

I dunno man, I bet the donors would consider that worth it....

Pros of getting rid of Hawk now:
Save Recruiting (depending on who/when comes in to coach?): Maybe we can pull a nebraska and bring Mac in as interim HC until the hire if we decide to wait? just a wild idea...

End the relentless media coverage of Hawk on the hot seat...

Keep kids from leaving due to disgust and belief that nothing is gonna change.

Get Cabral in there and let him tinker with the team, maybe save the season or make it respectable.

Be the first team out there looking for a new HC, get the feelers out often and early, and if we go the quick hire route, start building the staff early as well... Early bird gets the worm, and I think Kelly is gonna be the clear #1 Coaching prospect this year.

Cons: We pay Hawk 600kish extra to sit a little longer...

I dunno man, I bet the donors would consider that worth it....

I really like those pros, honestly though even a blowout to Texas won't get Bohn to fire him yet. I think it'll take a few losses to ISU, KSU, A&M, etc to get him going.

I really like those pros, honestly though even a blowout to Texas won't get Bohn to fire him yet. I think it'll take a few losses to ISU, KSU, A&M, etc to get him going.
Remember the pressure after the last UT embarrassment? Hawk is done.

Can Cody coach the team and let Tyler play QB? That way Cody can't just up and come back in when Tyler throws a bad pass.

Don't get me wrong it won't be pretty when Texas hangs 50+ on us and we can only score in garbage time, I just don't think it'll be enough for Bohn who still thinks he can turn it around against our easier schedule.

Can anyone explain the pros of leaving the team in the middle of the season for the individual player? You can't transfer and start your year off in the middle of the year, can you? If not, why not wait til the end of the season so you keep getting in the work and also see if the situation you are unhappy with gets better?

Can anyone explain the pros of leaving the team in the middle of the season for the individual player? You can't transfer and start your year off in the middle of the year, can you? If not, why not wait til the end of the season so you keep getting in the work and also see if the situation you are unhappy with gets better?
The only chance with recruits is to announce the change NOW.

wsp, for a guy to quit at this time of year is strange! It must have built up over time and the player could not take it anymore:sad1:

But, I mean to the individual player, why would you leave the program now. Are there any advantage?
He realizes what a lost cause this is.....go to a different team...it may get him to the pros if he is a player. This program is going nowhere fast.

He realizes what a lost cause this is.....go to a different team...it may get him to the pros if he is a player. This program is going nowhere fast.

Wanting to leave and wanting to leave in the middle of the season are two different things. If a player wants to get to the pros, I can't imagine sitting out for almost a two years is going to offset even the worst of situations. It's October 4, 2009, the earliest he could be on a practice field would be next spring, and the earliest he would be in a real game is late August, 2011.

Back