1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dan Hawkins' fate is Mike Bohn's decision

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by RSSBot, Oct 22, 2010.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

SAN FRANCISCO -- University of Colorado Chancellor Phil DiStefano said the decision to retain or fire head football coach Dan Hawkins at the end of the season will be made by athletic director Mike Bohn.

More...

2. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

C ya Hawk. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

3. BuffGuy91

BuffGuy91 Well-Known Member

That's kind of weird. I wonder how that would work if either school was tied for their division title.

4. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

:lol: that's a good one...oh wait I read the article, they actually want me to believe it is MB's decision. Sorry, just a casual obsever, but it looks to me like MB got denutted last November, and decided to stand for it. Fine that is his decision, but I don't believe he runs his own shop anymore.

5. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

[video=youtube;M-WF0PVi2FA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-WF0PVi2FA[/video]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  6. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

Fire that ****er right now!

7. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

It is weird, but it would make sense in light of the potential revenue crunch that's coming to light.

We're going to have a hard time finding a real opponent to fill that non-conference spot and we'd have a very hard time getting people to pay good money to see an FCS opponent. If the 12-Pac really wants to help us out, they'll give us 5 home conference games and let Cal be a non-conference home game so that we can then use the "Hawaii bump" to schedule a 13th game at home against an FCS opponent that can basically be a windfall no matter how bad ticket sales look. That'd leave us with 5 home games in conference, one home game against Cal as non-conference, another against FCS school, and the CSU game in Denver as a neutral site home game. 4 roadies in conference, the cash cow beat down in Ohio, and a vacation to Hawaii for the players.

8. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

DiStephano is brainwashed by Talkins! Here is a quote from DiStephano:

"Again, we`re always a couple plays away, not in the Missouri game but certainly in the Baylor game, of winning," he said. "I just say to individuals that we still have six more games, and let`s see how the season plays out."

He just made my ***t list.

Plus what is this BS about waiting until the end of the season? Clearly DiStephano does not care about CU football.

I am going to add this quote too:

"When asked if the level of rancor from fans concerning Hawkins had reached the point that the school might have to consider a change regardless of wins and losses, DiStefano said he hadn`t given that aspect much thought."

Hasn't given it much thought?

9. DrunkPanda

DrunkPanda Active Member

i say our administration are idiots if they don't fire hawkins midseason. "hawkins might still have a good season". they haven't realized by now what kind of coach he is?! this is the kind of action and statement that makes me think our administration does not care about football success, despite what that other thread claims. we are completely throwing away a full season of football and a whole recruiting class by this idiotic decision

10. SECOBuffsFan

SECOBuffsFan Active Member

We are 3-3 and can pull out a bowl game....you don't fire a coach and do that to the players he recruited. It would be a bad message to send and how are you going to get a quality coach to come here if your doing stupid stuff like that. If we aren't playing in December in a bowl, fire him the day after the Nebraska game, but not before no matter how lousy of a coach he is.

11. SanDiegoBuff

SanDiegoBuff Club Member Club Member

A. How can you continue to make the players play for a coach that's literally ruining their shot at playing at a higher level?

B. Even if you do keep him to the end of the season, you don't let him coach the bowl game, he;s gone after Nebraska, bowl game or not.

12. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Actually firing Hawk sends a good message to both fans, and throughout the ADept. The players will be fine.

13. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Despite the lack of ability to stand up and speak plainly, I think the admin. is just buying time before they can D II Dan. I feel confident even they have figured it out.

14. DrunkPanda

DrunkPanda Active Member

hire mac as the interim coach. there aren't really any good coaches out there that are viable anyway. i thought mcelwain was, but he's looked like a complete retard in the last two games. two heisman caliber runningbacks and he just throws it all the time with his crappy quarterback

15. Darian3Hagan

I cant see how having less Danny Hahahawkins can be a bad thing.

16. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

:yeahthat:

Hawk has at most 6 games left as CU Head Coach. IMO he should be gone after Nebraska, or after the 7th loss of the season.... whichever comes first.

17. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

he is gone... let it go

18. RalphieSpeaks

RalphieSpeaks Club Member Club Member

i can't let it go.....i hate him so much :cry:

19. Darian3Hagan

**** that let Danny go.

20. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Maybe McCartney has asked for a little more time to prepare to take the reigns.

Maybe CU has another coach in mind and would rather not suffer through an interim HC situation. It's hard to put Cabral or McCartney into a situation where they work their asses off for six weeks only to pull the rug out from under.

I just don't see the mid-season firing happening.

21. MrFrumpylane

MrFrumpylane Well-Known Member

According to a supposedly reliable poster on the "other site", there will be a press conference on Tuesday that will divulge very good news that hints at regime change, regardless of what happens in tomorrow's game. Timing of this article a coincidence?

Take it FWIW.

22. CenturyBuff

CenturyBuff Member

Four more days of Hawk??? Please oh please let that be the truth...but I'll have to believe it when I see it