What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dan Hawkins vows to surrender to the corn

This thread sucks. Hawkins has gotten outcoached in a few games, but he has returned the favor a few times as well. You sound like you're ready to fire the guy buffman. If that's what you truly want, I have to say you're going to be waiting a while.

I think Hawkins is a great coach, and has done some great things in his two years at CU. He is going to be a keeper for a very long time in Boulder.

still refuse to bring up the OU or TT games huh? Idot. :huh:

how does a team that can compete with a top ten ranked opponent turn around and lose to isu? blowing a 21 point lead because they cant keep their focus = coaching. not being able to play at the same intensity level is all about the leadership.

so great. 2 good wins and an easy win out of 7 conference games . do we really need to bring up the blind squirrel?

that wasn't one decision. they blew a 21 to 0 lead! against a terrible team!

Too bad Knute Rockne quit right after he led them to that 21 point lead.... :sad1:

Same terrible team that beat Kitty State the week before and took OU and Mizzou to the wire??? Yep, ISU isn't great, but they've given more than one Big XII team fits during a run that included the stolen win over CU.

Please, great guru of the gridiron, do elaborate on all the other decisions Hawk made (not ****ups by the players, but coaching decisions) that cost the ISU game. Share a few specifics from your compendium of football knowledge please...

how does a team that can compete with a top ten ranked opponent turn around and lose to isu? blowing a 21 point lead because they cant keep their focus = coaching. not being able to play at the same intensity level is all about the leadership.

so great. 2 good wins and an easy win out of 7 conference games . do we really need to bring up the blind squirrel?

How many conference wins did you predict at the start of this season? If we win on Friday, we finish 4-4 in the Big 12 and 6-6 overall. I don't know how you can view that as anything other than a significant step forward.

do we really need to bring up the blind squirrel?

Nope, I think your posts are doing that just fine on their own.

So, who are the coaches at CU's disposal who would have them at the 8 win + mark (remember, Hawk cost them 3 games, per you, and all the wins were givens, so I assume you consider 8-3 a minimal record at this point) against the schedule they have played?

Once again, please give us some specifics and some alternatives in addition to the idocy of your anti-Hawkins rant...

IDOT.

I heard the threat came from a CU fan living in Lincoln. Trying to set a Husker up! Did I get that right, lady?? Just trying to get the "art of the deflection" down correctly, and pass the blame elsewhere!:lol:

I heard it was a certain Head Coach living in Lincoln :thumbsup:

This thread sucks. Hawkins has gotten outcoached in a few games, but he has returned the favor a few times as well. You sound like you're ready to fire the guy buffman. If that's what you truly want, I have to say you're going to be waiting a while.

i have been all for giving him a chance to get his feet under him. but these comments that he made about forfeiting to the nubs has pissed me off.

you shouldn't talk about quitting. especially not against a team like the fuskers. under any circumstance

i have been all for giving him a chance to get his feet under him. but these comments that he made about forfeiting to the nubs has pissed me off.

you shouldn't talk about quitting. especially not against a team like the fuskers. under any circumstance

I don't know what's more funny-that Hawkins came out and said it or that you're being a huge baby over what he said.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

If you read the article Hawkins didn't say it, Plati made the remarks -- sheesh

Get off track very often "lady"?? This thread is about how Hawkins has threatened to pull his team off of the field on Friday, if the CU student section acts like it did two years ago. Let's try to keep on track "lady" with what we are talking about, as I know it can be difficult for you sometimes.

Yeah, a bottle came out of the stands as Drumm went into the end zone, but that is nothing compared to what the CU fans did a couple of years ago. Not even close. To have a whole section removed is beyond embarrassing for your team and university.

Actually, bottle throwing is bottle throwing. CU fans certainly threw more of them. NU fans actually threw them at human beings, rather than at artificial grass that has little capacity for feeling pain. You can make your own judgement about which is worse (but if you don't pick #2, I think being a cop is a seriously poor career choice. Since it involves protecting people and **** like that...). But to say clearing the student section is beyond embarassing?? Actually, that represents a strong response to stopping the bottle throwing. As opposed to the fusker response, which consisted of exactly NOT A ****ING THING. That, little pink crossing guard, is the reaction that is beyond embarassing.... :lol::lol:

How many conference wins did you predict at the start of this season? If we win on Friday, we finish 4-4 in the Big 12 and 6-6 overall. I don't know how you can view that as anything other than a significant step forward.

sure it's better than 2-10. but preseason predictions be damned. CU needs to win the games that they should win. isu was a very winnable game and they blew it. that can't be tolerated just because they are doing better against some other teams.

Oh holy Christ on a pancake!!! He didn't talk about quitting, he talked about taking steps to keep the fans from getting out of control, using the one thing he can control - his team. What was he going to threaten? Take away their fake ids? CAll their mommys? Make them run 40s at 5 AM the next week?? It isn't as if he said "If we get down 2 touchdowns at halftime, we'll probably just go home. There's a big sale at Kohl's I want to hit." His statement that Plati quoted was clearly aimed at keeping the fans in line and not as some indication that he doesn't give a **** about beating the fuskers.

If that statement is going to upset you that badly, I really think it may be time to work on a different set of coping mechanisms... :huh:

Didn't some fuskers attack Brandon Drumm at the busstop after the game? Classy.

I think that was a linebacker, actually. Drawing a blank on the name right now, though... But it was classy in any event - that's just the fusker way... :lol::lol:

sure it's better than 2-10. but preseason predictions be damned. CU needs to win the games that they should win. isu was a very winnable game and they blew it. that can't be tolerated just because they are doing better against some other teams.

And plenty of people on this site have criticized him for what happened at ISU.

Oh holy Christ on a pancake!!! He didn't talk about quitting, he talked about taking steps to keep the fans from getting out of control, using the one thing he can control - his team. What was he going to threaten? Take away their fake ids? CAll their mommys? Make them run 40s at 5 AM the next week?? It isn't as if he said "If we get down 2 touchdowns at halftime, we'll probably just go home. There's a big sale at Kohl's I want to hit." His statement that Plati quoted was clearly aimed at keeping the fans in line and not as some indication that he doesn't give a **** about beating the fuskers.

If that statement is going to upset you that badly, I really think it may be time to work on a different set of coping mechanisms... :huh:

Correct. You come off sounding like a five-year old buffman.

Yeah, a bottle came out of the stands as Drumm went into the end zone, but that is nothing compared to what the CU fans did a couple of years ago. Not even close. To have a whole section removed is beyond embarrassing for your team and university. But being myopic as you tend to be, probably won't see that for what it was! That coach you talk about will no longer be employed with UNL come Saturday, and I refute that tomato story, as nothing more than crap made up by one of your players. Dizon is the only one that has stated this as happening, and I don't believe it for one second! So I must be myopic!:wow:

And who was responsible for that? Garbage being thrown on the field happens 10 or 15 times a year at major programs all across the country (it happened at Alabama and Mississippi in the SAME WEEK earlier this year), and yet CU's fans are the only ones that get cleared out for it? What kind of BS is that?

What those 5 or 6 students did was not well advised or classy, but they didn't throw garbage at ANYONE, nor was anyone on the field in ANY sort of danger because of their actions. Plain and simple, the refs overreacted to the situation.

Come to think of it, does anyone know if our old pal Clete Blakeman was officiating that game...? :huh:

Yeah, a bottle came out of the stands as Drumm went into the end zone, but that is nothing compared to what the CU fans did a couple of years ago. Not even close.

and I refute that tomato story, as nothing more than crap made up by one of your players. Dizon is the only one that has stated this as happening, and I don't believe it for one second! So I must be myopic!:wow:

i agree with you completely. HITTING AN ATHLETE WITH A WATER BOTTLE indeed does not compare with littering an empty endzone with a small amount of trash.

not at all.

i would be inclined to believe dizon about the tomato hucking, being as it had already been established that huskers have no problem hitting opposing athletes with water bottles.

i am also inclined to believe that the husker faithful is inclined to throw stuff at opposition as my sister in law got hit by a frozen orange thrown at the oklahoma band when she was an undergrad.

frankly, i do not care what you wish to admit or refute. in the end, it comes down to what happened, which may or may not have anything to do with your preference.

uh? yes he did.

Uh? No, he didn't. He talked about taking action if the fans get out of control by pulling his team off the field. That is far different than quitting for no reason because you just don't give a ****. You really have to be a complete ****ing idot to not be able to see the difference between taking a team off the field in a bad situation and simply quitting. :wow:

uh? yes he did.

so why can't I?

5 year old dude. 5 year old.
The.Big.Lebowski.1998.Screenshot.2.jpg

then ranting on an anonymous message board. my comments seamed to have upset all of you off more than anything.

so yes, you're right. the kettle is black

Back