1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Darrel Scott wants back?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by DBT, Feb 8, 2010.

1. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Listening to Irv, he says that DS met with Dan Hawkins and wants to come back to the team.

Also, Irv said Steve Watson would like to coach the WR's.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  2. BeachBronco

BeachBronco Active Member

Find me someone that wasn't stupid when they were 19.......

I vote let him walk on and try and earn a spot on the team. As for Watson coaching, I would vote for the local pee-wee coach at this point, what do we have to lose? In essence, hell yeah, bring him on.

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Steve Watson? and the DS news is nothing new. Unless, of course, he actually means it now.

4. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

I hope Darryl makes it back, works his ass off, and becomes the back he can be.

I like the idea of Watson here, but don't know about his level of experience.

5. DBT

The DS news is nothing new? Hmm. I guess you are on the inside because I'd never heard that DS had met with Hawkins this week before.

6. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

There's been rumors he wanted back, but your post is the most concrete thing I've heard, at least...

Watson should be a very good WR coach. He was a guy who made his living on technique and route running, hopefully he could pass it along. The big question would be if he could recruit...

7. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Sooo... the saga continues. Assuming this is true and DScott can get back (both failry large assumptions), I imagine it means he can't play next year and would use that year as a redshirt year. Then he'd come into 2011 as a Junior with two years left to play, right?

8. DBT

Is Watson's son a current Colorado high schooler or did he grad last year and already sign with someone? As for Scott. I know for a fact that most of the team is not very thrilled with him. So, if he wants back and is talking to Hawkins, what does Hawkins do? Does he make a decision regardless of the team? Or does he put it up for a team vote? In my mind, if he is the head coach, he makes the decision and tells the team to get over it. Either way, Scott has to prove himself to the players.

9. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

personally, if i was on the team i would not want him back. transfer after the year? yeah, fine, whatever, peace. quit on your team during the middle of the year? no thanks, PEACE.

10. Darth Snow

I've heard from both public and private sources that he has met with hawk, that he has tried, etc etc etc.Nothing ever came of such rumors, but they were consistent enough (especially post AZ dumping him) for this news that Scott has met with Hawk to not be a big surprise to me at all. Hope it was fruitful. Should be interesting to see how they deal with the dynamic between him and Hagan. At this point I would rather keep Hagan.

11. DBT

Well, whatever. Its the first I've heard of it. But I HAVE heard the players are pretty down on him. That is putting it lightly. So, what does Hawk do? Put it to a team vote or make a decision on his own? If he makes it on his own, does he throw Darrel under the bus or risk causing dessension? If he puts it to a vote, isn't that kind of throwing him under the bus as well? Or, does he tell Darrel, "I'll let you give it a shot, but you have to prove it to your fomer teamates.?"

12. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

I should caveat the following with I wouldn't want him back if i were on the team and he quit mid year; but if the coaches see otherwise I would offer to let him come back as a walk-on tell him he's going to have to run with the scout team until he has shown the coaches enough, at which point they'll put the question of him rejoining the team to his team mates.

13. Darth Snow

I think hes gotta follow the Celestine route. I just don't see Scott doing that tho. Out of state tuition is ****ing expensive and until proven otherwise, Scott doesn't have 1/10 the motivation and drive Celestine has shown is necessary to get back in the saddle.

I got to wonder who has been whispering in Scott's ear over the last couple years. Cause he got some really, really bad advice. Even from a simple medical standpoint, he should have stayed on the team through the spring just to get healthy and prove he was ready when it did come time to transfer.

14. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I would not let Darrell Scott back. Ever.

The WR coaching search is just comical now. Can Hawkins meet the Spring practice deadline to find a new coach? The suspense is killing me!

15. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

I think Ds should be allowed back. Everyone deserves a second chance. Dont know about Watson...

16. Darth Snow

If hawk gets a 5th chance, DS sure as hell should be given an option at a 2d chance. jmho.

17. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

Hawk isnt getting a fifth chance he's getting a fifth year, most of us though last year was put up or shut up time. So him not getting canned is more of a second chance. Also it ignores the fact hawk has neither quit mid season by text message or exhibited little to show he is willing to do what it takes to win. Scott is basically the opposite of Hawkins, all the talent none of the will and heart. Hawk wants to win he jsut doesn't seem to have the talent to do it.

18. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

I think Hawk would be foolish not to consider taking him back. He was one of Hawk's "prized recruits" and for it to be a total and utter faliure has to way on his pride.

19. Darth Snow

jesus you took my post wayyyy to seriously. :lol:

Also, hawk did quit recruiting mid season...

20. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

wow, snowy, I have to agree with you twice. Hack has turned lazy, and has been given way too may chances, and of course he should the kid back, he can still turn into a good RB, Hack on the hand will never be a good coach.

21. MontanaBuff

MontanaBuff Club Member Club Member

If DS comes back, and uses his red-shirt season in 2010, he'll have two years with the new coach ... not a bad idea ... :five:

22. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

vic lombardi's twitter
    http://twitter.com/VicLombardi

23. class01

class01 Active Member

If D. Scott comes back hungry and humble and blows up, that would be a great story and great publicity for CU and future recruiting...

24. jpbuff

jpbuff Active Member

Maybe a plate of humble pie is just what he needed. I would welcome him back. The team seems to have welcomed Kendrick back. Make him redshirt next year, come back in '11 and earn his playing time.

25. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I don't see any downside to this. If he comes back and performs, his teammates will forgive. If he comes back and is crappy, what have we lost? A scholarship? Like we would do anything with it anyway.

Come back and play like you can, Darrell.

26. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I agree. I was against him rejoining the program at first, but this could really be the dose of reality that Darrell needed to have. I hope he has everything in order before he comes back in the fold.

27. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Let him back, make him earn his way back to the team. Redshirt 2010, 2 years to play in 2011 and 2012.

28. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

I am in favor of DS returning to the team if it makes the team better. Redshirt in 2010 is probably a fantastic idea.

29. Darth Snow

Would love to see what that kid could do if motivated... Plus, it gives us some good seperation in the RB class if he redshirts :lol:. Who would have thought DS would be the one to redshirt when he signed?

30. Darth Snow