1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Darrell Scott Video

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Sexton Hardcastle, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Cornh8er likes this.
  2. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King Club Member

holy crap he is a beast lol...not that i didnt realize that already lol

3. Cornh8er

Cornh8er Well-Known Member

Great Video, a couple questions. Why didn't he play on the 1st 18 play drive, and who is the WR? he can play

4. jjbuffs13

jjbuffs13 Well-Known Member

You know what I liked best about those highlights? He was extremely humble when he scored. He reminds me of Barry Sanders, act like you have been there before. I hope he brings that attitute to CU. Im all for certain celebrations, but it is very, very nice to see someone just toss the ball to the ref and walk away. Dennis Dixon did that this year and that is why I enjoyed watching him.

5. MSBuff

MSBuff Well-Known Member

:yeahthat:

I had the same reaction. I am really looking forward to some super great games from Darrell Scott.

6. buffs6236

buffs6236 Club Member Club Member

he has such an upright running style he takes a lot of big hits. i hope this doesnt cause him to endure too many shots and gets injured. I love to watch him run. he has skills.

7. Fight CU

Fight CU Club Member Club Member

Agreed - look at Chris Brown...but, then again, look at Eric Dickerson...

8. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

I cant wait for him to bust an 80 yard TD run towards CSU's student section and just look at them. bahaha gonna be awesome.

9. Coloradosker

Coloradosker Active Member

Scott went for 250 on 18 carries. That's 14 YPC.:wow:

10. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

There's no doubting he's a beast. But in all fairness, he was a man playing against boys. When that happens, you'll get some crazy numbers like 14 YPC.

11. Coloradosker

Coloradosker Active Member

True. He's gonna see a lot faster competition at this level but man, does he look good. He looks like a stronger version of Reggie Bush. Gonna cause a lot of headaches for the conference.

12. Chilly

Chilly Well-Known Member

Does anybody else think of Hershel Walker when they watch Scott run. This is the first video I have seen of him, and that was my first thought.

13. Sexton Hardcastle

People said the same thing about Salaam.

Reggie was a great back. But lets remember the Oline he had at U$C. The hawgs on that line were so good it was almost unfair.

14. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I bet Colorado will have one of the best O-lines in the country in two years.

15. sackman

The last 2 years of recruiting has put a lot of talent and depth on our O-Line. I think we're in pretty good shape there.

16. Sexton Hardcastle

I'm curious as to how Hawk will adress the Center situation. I saw CUBuffs.com has Maiava listed as a center. But I'd still like to see a commit from a top center this year.

17. Bienemy4life

Bienemy4life Member

man the kid is a blur. Reg Bush speed and Hersh Walker power. Upright running style...might get hurt... These are problems we are lucky to have! Chris Brown did *ok* at CU.

18. sackman

It looks to me like he only runs upright when he's in the open field. When he's in traffic, he seems to have a lower center of gravity. Maybe that's just my view of it.

I love his vision and explosiveness at the LOS. He finds a hole and blasts through there.

19. Bienemy4life

Bienemy4life Member

totally agree - he lowers his shoulders and delivers the contact. his explosion is amazing. chris brown, awesome, didn't always deliver the hit. hence, he would take some nasty shots.

20. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Absolutely agree.

21. Bienemy4life

Bienemy4life Member

one more thing: remember DS said he's never had a rb coach. he also said he's looking forward to having a rb coach and learning. = he's coachable.

22. Sexton Hardcastle

I still can't believe that. Crazy. :lol:

Bienemy4life likes this.
  23. 87toInfinity

87toInfinity Well-Known Member

True, but Chris Brown also would have run for over 2,000 yards if he had not gotten injured..I'm sure Hagan will teach him well, though..

24. Bienemy4life

Bienemy4life Member

I agree. If short-bus & Barney actually developed a passing game other than 3 yrd waggles, it would have opened up some more real estate for Brown too. The SC beat down @ Folsom comes to mind. If you don't have a threat of a passing attack you get whooped - irregardless of how good of a rush game you have & running style.

Now lets hope Hawk will do more power runs and less end-arounds. That remains to be seen. At least we have some horses, and should be able to throw the ball down the field.

25. jjbuffs13

jjbuffs13 Well-Known Member

I dont think the days of the end around are done, I do however have a feeling we will see a few reverses between J Fly and Celestine/ Simas.

26. Sexton Hardcastle

I liked the reverses Hawk ran. Smith almost turned a couple of them in for 6. It keeps the defenses spread out.

27. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

:nod: It definitely kept opposing defenses confused along with the fake reverses. I also liked the slants we threw J-Fly during the T-Tech game he almost took them to the house. Get him the ball! I wanted to see more of those.

28. sackman

The biggest problem with those reverses where the WR is right off the LOS is that any defensive penetration absolutely blows up the play. Alabama freaking KILLED us when we ran that play because they'd get a guy in the backfield who just ate the play alive. That particular play requires the O-Linemen to hold their blocks at the line of scrimmage, not just move them around a little. It's a tough play to execute.