What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Davis Webb transfers to Cal, spurns CU

Are some hating on him or just saying he has to share some of the blame?

Anyway, chev's response may encourage recruits.
You can conflate those two actions, I guess. I don't care. It's just weird that he's blameless here. Hell, I bet he used his in with Webb in his pitch to become Co-OC.

angry-mob-at-frankenstein-castle.jpg

You can conflate those two actions, I guess. I don't care. It's just weird that he's blameless here. Hell, I bet he used his in with Webb in his pitch to become Co-OC.

This may come as a shock to you but I was agreeing with you. He shares blame in this and didn't think people were hating on him.

This may come as a shock to you but I was agreeing with you. He shares blame in this and didn't think people were hating on him.
I knew that, despite your recent history of personal attacks on me. I can see how the "you" got confusing though. I guess my point was people were mistakenly thinking that me criticizing Chev here was just me being a "Chev haterrrrr" (I'm not) so they didn't consider the point I was trying to make.

I knew that, despite your recent history of personal attacks on me. I can see how the "you" got confusing though. I guess my point was people were mistakenly thinking that me criticizing Chev here was just me being a "Chev haterrrrr" (I'm not) so they didn't consider the point I was trying to make.

Exactly. Now, my " term of endearment" comment was out of line, my bad. I don't react well in political discussions and it's best if I refrain from going there.

Now, back to chev.Yes, he is the best thing to happen at CU since leavitt and I think he can help this team offensively.

He's been great helping with recruiting and his response on twitter to webb may help even more.

But saying he shares some of the blame doesn't mean anything but that.We are lucky to have him.

Hahahaha...like fricking grammar matters on a goofy football site!!!!! Anytime you want to match degrees...or bank accounts....drop me a line or give me a call...LOL...heres my email addy...cubuffs82@gmail.com....lets chat!!!!
WOW! DONALD TRUMP IS POSTING ON ALLBUFFS!!!

Edit: I just saw that Buffnik already made a Trump joke about this clown. Great minds think alike. lol

The "he has a right to do what's best for him crowd" doesn't get it. If he wanted to go to Cal that decision should have been made months ago. Not days before he was set to enroll here, after he gotten everyone's hopes up, after other fallback options for us have been exhausted, after we had installed an offense similar to Texas Tech in part because of his arrival, and after we had already invested many hours coaching him both remotely and when he was out here for the week.

This is all even worse considering the fact that had repeatedly promised our staff that he was coming to CU and seemingly over the past few weeks continued to string them along despite the fact that he knew he was likely Cal bound. This isn't sour grapes, he handled this very poorly and screwed us over in the process.

Dude was keeping his options open. Did he even have an offer from Cal when he chose CU? Everyone does this in all aspects of life, especially when dealing with career/vocation. That's how the world works. Committing to a football team is not some kind of sacred oath. CU was a fallback.

Dude was keeping his options open. Did he even have an offer from Cal when he chose CU? Everyone does this in all aspects of life, especially when dealing with career/vocation. That's how the world works. Committing to a football team is not some kind of sacred oath. CU was a fallback.
I don't think everybody does this in all aspects of life. I'd like to think that I'm 100% open with potential employers. If I'm leaving things open, I tell them. If I'm 100% committed I tell them, and behave accordingly. It's my opinion that trustworthiness is a foundation of character.

This post pretty much ignores most of the situation. If Webb was keeping his options open, he could have easily just said so. Do not think that is an unreasonable expectation.

This post pretty much ignores most of the situation. If Webb was keeping his options open, he could have easily just said so. Do not think that is an unreasonable expectation.
He said he was, but he did it in a very half ass matter and he kept telling CU he was coming here. The writing was on the wall, but we didn't want to dump the hot chick just in case her hanging out with other guys was just a phase and she really loved us.

He said he was, but he did it in a very half ass matter and he kept telling CU he was coming here. The writing was on the wall, but we didn't want to dump the hot chick just in case her hanging out with other guys was just a phase and she really loved us.
Did you mean to post this in the confessional sub-forum?

I don't think everybody does this in all aspects of life. I'd like to think that I'm 100% open with potential employers. If I'm leaving things open, I tell them. If I'm 100% committed I tell them, and behave accordingly. It's my opinion that trustworthiness is a foundation of character.

I try to take more of a two way street approach. This player wants playing time so he can better his odds of success at the next level. Schools generally don't promise playing time. You have to compete. That's fine, but guess what? I see that cutting both ways. No guarantees and nothing promised. Schools need to compete too, and where there is competition there will be winners and losers. In his eyes he went with the school that game him the best chance to "win". Just as a school/coach will play the player that gives the team/coach the best chance to win. No guarantees on either side.

So, what's it called? The Hayward fault that runs right through the middle of California Memorial Stadium? I was just curious.

Back