What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Davis Webb transfers to Cal, spurns CU

I know you are just talking smack, but here is some info about that 84% number that isn't common knowledge.

55% of our incoming freshman class is required to be from the state of Colorado by law. Because of that CU has a set of admission standards for in-state students that allow for automatic acceptance. The standards include taking a very specific set of classes in high school, achieving a high cumulative GPA (over 3.6 or 3.7 I believe), and minimum ACT numbers (26 or 27 I believe). So ya the 84% is high, but given the requirements within the state of Colorado, it is a little deceiving.

Adding to this because the standards for in-state students is pretty well defined guidance counselors at the HS level are able to give kids a good idea if it is worth their time to bother applying. Lots of kids who in other state systems would apply don't meaning that the n used to come to the acceptance percentage is much lower distorting the comparison.

Believe it or not, naming a starter after a couple practices pretty much shows the assertion that he was promised the job ahead of time. Doesn't really matter as he will be running for his life all year long anyways.
I don't know about that. A ton of people are very high on Davis Webb and he has potential to be a draft pick next spring. It's not crazy to think he has done well in player lead practices and it obviously better than the other guys at this moment in time. He was always going to get the first shot, the real competition is what the coaches do if he struggles in games, not if he is named the starter.

Not saying it is going to happen but certainly possible.

Would crack me up if Webb struggles while Sefo thrives under Chev leading Sefo to get drafted ahead of Webb.

I didn't bring up the Safety School theme, just responded to others that did. I find it humorous and ironic that alums from a school with an 84% acceptance rate would try to bag on an alum of a school with an acceptance rate of 17.5%. Also, "safety school" in Samoan is Ute, you ignorant mountain hippie.
Anybody who has ever received a Stanford acceptance letter would certainly recognize that your acceptance rate comparison tells us little. You'd have to compare the quality of the applicants to get any really meaning from that statistic. I'm going to go ahead and assume that CU has a far higher quality of applicant than Cal, and that our 84% are academically superior (and more attractive, obviously) than your 18%.

I do not wish Webb ill. I don't want to see him injured, or see Cal lose every game. He is a young man with his whole life in front of him. I will simply settle for a raging case of mono that onsets around 9/1 and runs through November.

Schools in the UC system get a lot of applications, in part because they make it so easy to apply to multiple UC schools. I can fill out a single application and just check boxes for which UC schools to apply to. It's part of the reason why UCLA gets more applications than any school in the country. I think I applied to 5 UC schools coming out of high school.

Schools in the UC system get a lot of applications, in part because they make it so easy to apply to multiple UC schools. I can fill out a single application and just check boxes for which UC schools to apply to. It's part of the reason why UCLA gets more applications than any school in the country. I think I applied to 5 UC schools coming out of high school.
Same application fee to apply to all of them than one right?

http://collegefootball.ap.org/top-100

TOP 100 TEAMS

RANK TEAM NAME POINTS
26 Georgia Tech 320
27 Colorado 316
28 Oregon 293
29 Mississippi 290
30 Arizona State 284
31 Virginia Tech 276
32 Stanford 272
33 West Virginia 271
34 BYU 258
35 Missouri 256
36 Purdue 246
37 Minnesota 241
38 North Carolina 240
39 TCU 234
40 Maryland 230
41 Syracuse 221
42 Army 214
43 Oklahoma State 208
44 Kansas State 207
45 California 199

Same application fee to apply to all of them than one right?

According to the website:
Pay the application fee
The $70 application fee entitles a student to apply to one UC campus. If a student applies to more than one campus, he or she must pay an additional $70 for each campus selected.

http://collegefootball.ap.org/top-100

TOP 100 TEAMS

RANK TEAM NAME POINTS
26 Georgia Tech 320
27 Colorado 316
28 Oregon 293
29 Mississippi 290
30 Arizona State 284
31 Virginia Tech 276
32 Stanford 272
33 West Virginia 271
34 BYU 258
35 Missouri 256
36 Purdue 246
37 Minnesota 241
38 North Carolina 240
39 TCU 234
40 Maryland 230
41 Syracuse 221
42 Army 214
43 Oklahoma State 208
44 Kansas State 207
45 California 199
That list is BS. No way Cal has had a top 50 program. Before Tedford, we were beyond horrible since way before I hit this earth.

According to the website:
Pay the application fee
The $70 application fee entitles a student to apply to one UC campus. If a student applies to more than one campus, he or she must pay an additional $70 for each campus selected.
Partly due to the fee but mostly because of strict UC academic eligibility requirements, UC applications tend to have a high degree of self selectively.

Anybody who has ever received a Stanford acceptance letter would certainly recognize that your acceptance rate comparison tells us little. You'd have to compare the quality of the applicants to get any really meaning from that statistic. I'm going to go ahead and assume that CU has a far higher quality of applicant than Cal, and that our 84% are academically superior (and more attractive, obviously) than your 18%.
Both Cal and UCLA publish the profile data of both their applicant pool and admits. Probably because they're both very high. Which is actually crazy considering how many applications they get. If you look at the numbers, their applicant pool averages higher than most colleges' admit pool.

e.g. last year Cal's applicant unweighted GPA average was 3.62. Average unweighted admit was 3.9. CU's freshman admits were sub 3.6 for that period.

But who cares, this is not why Davis Webb is at Cal.

I didn't bring up the Safety School theme, just responded to others that did. I find it humorous and ironic that alums from a school with an 84% acceptance rate would try to bag on an alum of a school with an acceptance rate of 17.5%. Also, "safety school" in Samoan is Ute, you ignorant mountain hippie.

Such a sucker for Safety School bait. Your academix schmack is so adorable.

About that 84% acceptance rate ... think of it like a real estate agent pre-screening qualified buyers. Why waste time jacking with kids and soaking them for admission fees in order to climb the USNWR rankings?

How is the trout fishing, mountain biking, and summit views in NYC today?

Let me end on a good note. We have something in common. Both of our screen names allude to fecies.

About that 84% acceptance rate ... think of it like a real estate agent pre-screening qualified buyers. Why waste time jacking with kids and soaking them for admission fees in order to climb the USNWR rankings?

Let me end on a good note. We have something in common. Both of our screen names allude to fecies.
Skidmarked!

You must be talking about the real estate agents that assisted the kind of prequalified buyers that helped cause the sub prime meltdown?

I can get incredible trout at about a dozen restaurants within walking distance of me, the view of Central Park from my office is incredible, and I love the ease of using Citi Bike.

As for our screen names, only yours refers to sh!tting oneself.

I like you Buffs.

Last edited:
You must be talking about the real estate agents that assisted the kind of prequalified buyers that helped cause the sub prime meltdown?

I can get incredible trout at about a dozen restaurants within walking distance of me, the view of Central Park from my office is incredible, and I love the ease of using Citi Bike.

I like you Buffs.

I like you Buffs.

Disagree. The GOBears part of your screen name is nothing if not a bowel movement reference.

Yeah, ordering trout from a restaurant in NYC is exactly like pulling one out of Boulder Creek.

It was Wall Street assholes with advanced degrees from schools like Haas that caused the meltdown. You have a degree from Cal and I'm guessing you are employed in the financial services insustry. So I'm guessing you know something about people dining on trout in NYC dining establishments causing some kind of global financial crisis.

I like Cal fans too. Specially the braggarts. So while you think of your clever response, you should know that I'll be on the road to Hana getting a tuggie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back