1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Defense

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by 90sBuff, Sep 2, 2014.

1. 90sBuff

90sBuff Club Member Club Member

Ok, I've been trying to be positive.

But i feel tested on this because I read HCMM's comments that we dominated 65% of the game and they dominated 45%. He also talks about players missing tackles and not the scheme as the problem. Seemed to me that he completely missed the fact that our defense couldn't stop a drive at all in the 2nd half except for a fumble recovery. Is it possible HCMM doesn't really see the problem? Or is he just being polite about it to the press and fixing it internally???

Can someone explain to me what type of defense we run and why we are so awful against the run? Is it really just the tackling and fundamentals? Or is it the scheme?

2. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

When you get the answer, tell Baer and Jeffcoat. I think they're asking the same question.

3. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

He's not going to call players and coaches out to the media, and why would he?

4. letsgoavs192

letsgoavs192 Well-Known Member

Also, 65 + 45 = 110

5. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

Yeah that is why it is called giving 110%

6. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Cause the defense played well till it got tired, than it totally forgot what the **** it was doing. Both good and bad in that.

7. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

I like the OP's new drive to gain credibility on the board!

8. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

Pay the $15 and Orr will look the other way.

9. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

So, after telling everyone how much better the defense was going to be in 2014, what are your impressions so far? Beating Umass and hawaii mean nothing.

10. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

DEs are young and need a lot more time in the weight room. Tupuo was decent but ran out of energy. Gillam was real good but the OLBs weren't hitting the gaps or when they did they missed the tackle. Secondary I'm fine with. Looks like losing Henington and Bell are going to be pretty big losses this year, we could really use Tyler because Gilbert is just too light right now, which is unfortunate because you can see the potential. Lot of youngins out there.

11. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Yes we are young but gillam needs to bulk up like many buffs. I see other teams and guys look like they take getting stronger and ripped more seriously. I know gillam has an injury he's dealing with but just sayin'....CU's DT's have not been improving. Developing talent seems to be a problem. Guys like powell, tupou and other upper classmen on the OL should be better at this point in their college careers.