1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denver Post - Fishwrap of the Huskers?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by buffaholic, Aug 26, 2009.

1. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

I don't get the Post but rather read the Longmont and Boulder papers. Tonight I was waiting in a restaurant in Denver and there was a Post sports page. Looking for some CU info, I found a small update on page 3, along with a similar update on CSU - nice equal billing. At the top of the page, the featured College story, in big headlines, was an AP story on some Husker RB who moved to WR and is now moving back to RB.... This isn't even big news in Lincoln as the guy is likely 4th string RB.

WTF? Between Henderson's anti CU stuff and their love affair with the 'Huskers, how does any Buff or Ram fan subscribe? I take this as Anti-Colorado and the Governor should step in.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  2. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

The problem with Denver newspapers is they don't actually have anyone local that knows *hit about CU. The only indepth college articles they ever run are picked up from other places.

3. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

Just like the way Tim (the hack) Griffin does his articles.

4. buffaholic

are there more transplanted Huskers in Colorado than there are Colorado fans? Serious question. Most of us came here from somewhere else.

5. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

Maybe but there are a hell of a lot of Californias here and yet you do not see fluff peices about the raiders.

NashBuff likes this.
  6. Coloradosker

Coloradosker Active Member

That's just dumb. Mendoza made the move back before the whole Castille thing came to light. He's 3-4th string at best. This is not news.

7. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

Rep given...you bring up a strong point there.

8. buffaholic

So why do they do this? Are they owned by a rich Nebraskan? I think we ought to boycott them!

9. BuffsRising

BuffsRising Well-Known Member

Since they have no readers, how could they tell if we boycott them? Ignore them, they will be cut down to size pretty soon.

10. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Why would anyone be surprised that 'braskans would leave 'braska and move to Colorado? Anyone been to Estes Park lately? Two fusker stores there.

11. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

Yeah, wasnt there someone on here who was thinking about starting a CU store right next to the cornholers stores?

12. Buttermaker

Buttermaker Active Member

FWIW they ran a story on every Big XII team like that. HOwever it is more fun to hate Husker fans and Californians

13. d71c

d71c Member

It wasn't me that posted about it but I've definitely thought about it. I make sure to wear some CU gear everytime I'm in Estes.

I simply go to CUBuffs.com if I want a good positive read about the Buffs.

14. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Hey, Butterface, this had nothing to do with the Post's "Big XII Preview" stuff. They just, or should I say John Henderson just, love to do 'braska stories. Henderson is a good buddy with Beaugh.

15. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

People wonder why CU snubs there nose at denver. The media kisla,clough,kreiger,henderson and armstrong do NOTHING to promote CU or for that matter football in COLORADO.

They either hug ****er nuts or too busy with the broncos.

The paper should be about CU,csu and air force not nebraska.

That's why I think bohn should tell PK at csu to stuff it and tell denver the same.