1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DePauw takes its football seriously enough

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by CVilleBuff, Sep 17, 2012.

1. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

DePauw fired their head coach after 0-2 start. Blowout losses to St. Olaf and Wittenberg were enough to get the admin to pull the trigger.

2. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

Any truth to the rumor DePauw is looking to schedule CU for a home/home in 2013?

aik likes this.
  3. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

Bohn actually is fine with an away, home and then an away
    ESPN 8 "The Ocho" promises to televise the last away game on a Tuesday night... 10 p.m. kickoff

4. Matt

Matt Nerd Drone Pilot Club Member

We are not DePauw. Embree will not be fired during the season and will most likely still be here next season. CU DOESN'T CARE

5. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Supposedly this was about more than football but the 0-2 undoubtedly played into their decision to let him go.

http://www.depauw.edu/news-media/latest-news/details/28932/

6. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

Honestly, I've never heard of this college. Nor it's homebase. And "Indiana King Of Football" just doesn't have a familiar ring to it, either.

So, for CU Football to enjoy comparisons to DePauw, boy... and the fact that WE are even contemplating any comparisons for discussion purposes alone - wow. Talk about "taking us to the next level"...

I saw that Jupiter was photo'd with a huge asteroid exploding into it. Reports suggested it might take 3 Earth-months before solid surfaces are met. I get the feeling that CU Football is plummeting in a similar course - no real damage is noticed for months, months, and more months.

Comparisons to DePauw... getting shut out in the 4th Qtr by Sac State... what could be more ludicrous?

7. Crash Davis

Crash Davis MA....THE MEATLOAF!!! Club Member

Dan Quayle's alma mater.........so yeah, I can understand why you've never heard of it. :huh:

8. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Probably true

Probably false

9. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

Dan Quayle, eh? Ah ha! No WONDER I thought it was just a misspelling of a popular north-of-downtown Chicago university!