1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DeVaughn Thornton????

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by RK, Oct 11, 2010.

1. RK

RK UBL Club Member

WHY haven't we used him at all! I was expecting him to create some good mismatches on opposing LB's, yet another case of us not utilizing our weapons..

2. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Excellent question. I don't remember hearing his name called at all this year. He was supposed to be the next big thing at TE.

3. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

I'm waiting as well. You'd think "Kies" and the boys would be looking for any type of extra spark on offense.....no, actually you probably wouldn't. -- We don't even try to utilize the speed we have at receiver.

4. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

Riddle is his position coach, need I say more...

5. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Here at CU, we trick teams by not playing or using the playmakers on this team.

6. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

We apparently do not like to us TE's anymore. Why would we? CU has a long history of developing quality blocking and pass catching tight ends. There is no way this coaching staff would want to do anything consistent with historical success.

7. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

we usually like to use the TE effectively once or maybe twice throughout a game per season and then decide to "wow" other teams/staffs with the rest of our weapons.

8. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

Wondered the same thing all year. Deehan has made some screwups but I dont think we use him enough either. He has ability.

9. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

the archetype for this sort of thing is Geer in 06 against ISU. Geer makes catches all over the place (and makes sense since B Jax doesn't have "all the throws" for the newfangled, high octane Boise Offense). CU wins. Geer disappears rest of season.

10. RK

RK UBL Club Member

Its ridiculous the last few great CU teams have had great receivers and a great tight end (Mccoy, Graham, Hackett) to accent the running backs. We have these pieces and we hardly use the receivers for their strengths and haven't thrown 1 ball to Thornton. WOW