1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Devon Ross and Awuzie Not Redshiring This Year

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by boydbuff, Aug 20, 2013.

1. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

Just watching HCMM's post practice comments and he states point blank that those two will be playing this year at their positions and special teams!

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1538876

aik likes this.
  2. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

I wish we could RS everyone but we don't have the depth to do it.

At least it looks like M2 has a plan. If you are going to pull a kids shirt use him. Drives me absolutely nuts when they hold a guy out most of the year then burn the RS the last couple weeks of the season, then don't play him that much.

Not that this ever happened with Hawkins coaching.

3. DexBuffsteen

DexBuffsteen Well-Known Member

Coach Mac knows it's all hands on deck this year. He needs to find a way to win games. The best way to improve recruiting is to show kids you can win. He needs to play anyone who can help now and put them in schemes that give them any kind of tactical edge. Kind of like what Coach Mac the Elder did with the wishbone. We need to break out of this death spiral and become mediocre instead of dumpster fire. When we start winning consistently then we can worry about redshirting guys to let them grow/ develop etc.

4. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Sounds like MikMac is going to rebuild. Really. That explains the attrition and shaking things up is a good thing. If a frosh is an upgrade, somebody is going to sit. Fine by me.

5. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

I'm all for it. After watching the abundance of quit on this team last year might as well let the new guys get the experience right away.

6. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

I think it is a good move too. He is getting more speed and BCS talent on the field. Next year they will have a year of experience under their belt. Also I assume he trusts in their ability to gradually upgrade talent so that the loss of these guys' 5th year won't be too problematic.

7. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

or Barnett, or Embree

8. WizzersGhost

WizzersGhost Banned BANNED

FIFY

Four handoffs by Klatt, at the end of a rout of Bailer, killed his RS and marked the start of Buff DOOM! If DH would have had JK as a senior QB to start against MT State......................

9. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Klatt could have had Corky educate him on the "Buffalo way"...I am sure Joel would have benefitted from that...

10. schubeal

schubeal Club Member Club Member

Did you think that last year when Embree was burning redshirts left and right? You are basically saying we should obtain near-term mediocrity at the expense of long term success.

We will be more likely to win consistently if we keep kids in the program and let them develop and mature. How nice would it have been to have Tyler Hansen last year? Or Nick Kasa this year? How much did those guys contribute as freshman?

To put another way, player eligibility is an absolute limiting factor in college football. You get 4 years of playing time out of any player, absolute maximum. You want to make it count. So why trade a 23 year old, 5th year senior for an 18 year old true freshman? Doesn't make much sense.

11. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

We don't have any world beaters on this team that have to redshirt. MM needs to put the best guys on the field so we can show improvement. Having said that, and even as bad as we are, that isn't usually going to be the true frosh. But if it is, so be it. He gets to play early. It's the only thing that makes sense.

12. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

So glad Devin is doing well. Hope a few of the initial skeptics eat crow on this one down the road. He could turn into quite a threat for us. Kid has some wheels.

13. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

Klatt was a walk on at the time. I doubt very much that Barney was concerned with his red shirt.

14. nolabuff

nolabuff Club Member Club Member

I'm all for it if they are the best players. What I'm slightly concerned with now though is the recruiting of skilled positions.

15. RalphieSpeaks

RalphieSpeaks Club Member Club Member

Agree with this. GB probably thought he would be able to recruit a QB and not start a walk on. But he did not do so well in that department.

16. Dalbuff

Dalbuff New Member

Ross must have some sick speed and moves. I thought he was a 6'+ guy but he's only 5' 9".

17. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I'd love to see most of this class redshirt and for that to become at trend at CU until we get to the point of losing most of our 3rd year guys to the NFL.

18. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Kasa, Hansen and Uzo Diribe being the most flagrantly idiotic non-redshirts.