1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did any of you guys see Solder or Smith play today?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Tractor, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Tractor

Tractor Club Member Club Member

I watched the Broncos today. Before they started, I saw a bit of the Seattle San Diego game.

Seattle OT got hurt on their first drive and Polumbus got to fill in. He didn't do too well. Got beat to the outside on the first play he was in there.

I also flipped over to that game and saw Patrick Williams make a catch on a third down out route. Either he or the CB tipped the ball up, but he grabbed it. That's all I saw.

How did Jimmy Smith and Nate Solder do? Thanks

2. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Solder was apparently impressive: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4699817/solder-solid-in-nfl-debut

Jimmy Smith didn't play tonight. Has a slight groin injury, nothing serious

Tractor likes this.
  3. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Ah. I've been watching the Iggles and Ratbirds and hadn't seen him, but I missed the beginning and thought I must have just missed him....

4. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

5. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

I ****ing hate those 2 words put together. Nate, do well in the league, but please stop using any and all Hawkisms.

6. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

There is a difference between a groin pull and a constant pulling and pushing of the groin area. I suspect you actually meant the latter....:huh:

7. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Can I assume that "slight" modifies "groin", rather than "pull" in this case?

8. Heywood

Heywood The actual El Guapo Club Member

The "little things" thing, is everywhere in football and in every sport. It is not just a Hawkisim. In fact the little things are very important and you will hear embree talk about the little things. The difference is that Hawk used the "little things" as an excuse for his crappy coaching. After a while it became so obvious that he was full of **** that buffs fans were incensed every time he said it.

So we are all gonna hear the "little things" for the rest of our lifes, likely from the new coach/staff/players/the NFL/olympic gymnasts etc. However the difference will be the attitude and the intent of those using it, not as an excuse but as the truth (because there are a lot of little things to work on in the high levels of sport).

9. Heywood

Oh and btw GREAT JOB NATE!!!

10. SCB

SCB Well-Known Member

Saw Travion Patterson make a nice catch for SD last night. Also had a decent kickoff return that I saw.

11. Buffs@5345'

Buffs@5345' Club Member Club Member

12. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

As somebody else pointed out, many of the guys who played under Hawkins do not share our angst and are fairly close to him. We should respect that.

13. Buff_since76

Buff_since76 Still a fan... Club Member

"The little things" is annoying when someone uses that phrase after losing 52-7. The phrase is total crap and an excuse. It isn't the little things then! Its great big things that are causing you to lose by that margin!

Using 'the little things' when refering to hand positioning on blocking is an accurate and acceptable statement

14. Heywood

fify

15. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

Beats penis posters.

16. whatthebuff

whatthebuff Club Member Club Member

Man I really wish we had Solder for one more year. Watching the Bucs/Pats game now, he looks like a monster. He's rock solid in pass protection and they're running behind him and the TE Gronkowski over and over for a lot of yards. Pro Bowls in his future and probably super bowls as I'm sure NE will be good again:puke:

And as soon as I posted this he gave up a sack. [​IMG] Oh well, he was doing great before that.