What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Did you like the FS1 "All Access" model for a hoops broadcast?

"All Access" for hoops games?

• Loved it! Can't get enough of it! Please let me have this for every hoops game!

• Really liked it as a change of pace. More games would be cool, but not every game.

• Didn't do much for me and I didn't know when to pee or grab a beer.

• Hated it! I bet Mel Tucker sold his soul to make this happen! And look what that got us!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
No commercial interruptions. Coaches mic'd up. Cameras & audio inside the huddles and locker rooms.

I loved it, but I could see how the coach audio during game action and the split screen might have been distracting to people. I could also see how the format was generally "too much" if someone isn't a hoops geek.

I'd like all games to be like that, but that's just one geek's opinion.

I want the Avs and Nuggets to adopt this model. I would pay a lot of money if they developed a streaming service based on this. Perhaps would allow it to be financially viable by chopping down on the production talent.

I really, really enjoyed it.

I felt 10x "closer" to the team and Tad. Saw, heard things for the 1st
Not sure I'd like it so much, if someone else were playing a routine game - but definitely for championship games, NCAA

Pros -
all access is like chalk-talk, court side seats, and program insider status all wrapped together.
Mic’d coaches working their craft is novel and entertaining, even better than announcers

Cons -
dilemma created by putting off pee breaks and fridge runs.
sucks to watch on small screens
FS1 isn’t making ad money, so how sustainable is this business model at the macro level?

Impression - I loved it 100%. Then again I watched on a wide screen TV and used the DVR to pause live action whenever the urge hit me. This meant not participating in the game thread til after it was over. Also meant I didn’t track stats on-line and didn’t tune into KOA85 ‘s broadcast. I have never seen a CU basketball game like that before and the novelty of it all made it impossible to look away. it didn’t hurt that this is a magic season and CU was firing on all cylinders the whole way in a must-win pay-back game.

I see it as a special event, not an every-game offering. I could get frustrated with the format if the Buffs we’re getting beaten and had seen an unflattering side of Tad.

Verdict. Nice to have this as an option every once in a while, or better yet, as a secondary broadcast feed that is available on an alternative channel or made available as a rerun presentation. But I don’t think this format works for everyone all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, even though we were up 20 late in the game it was still more nerve wracking than it should have been since we heard the coaches the entire time. They never stop coaching up their teams. The broadcast was awesome to watch.

Of course they need to pay the bills, so why not have only half as many time out huddle visits, the others are commercial breaks.

I think it was awesome, I'd be more inclined to stay glued to a game that I didn't have a rooting interest in broadcast this way.

On the other hand, I wasn't super angry after Thursday night's loss. Had I been that engrossed in a broadcast, and watch a huge game like that slip away, I don't know, it might have been too much. Listening to Bill Walton be a goofball and just enjoying his life however he wants to made it a lot easier to put into perspective that the Buffs losing one of the biggest basketball games for them that I've ever watched was supposed to be fun, win or lose.

Hopefully we'll see it during the Final Four, or maybe a coaches film room like ESPN has been doing for the College Football Playoff the past few years.

A great alternative way to watch the game, only doable for the late West Coast game without something like a 30 second delay to cut out audio.

Because of late starts I usually dvr games and watch them first thing in the morning. 1) I hate commercials so I can watch a full game in 30-40 minutes. 2) some of the commentators today forget the reason they're there and that's to call a game which is why I mute Walton games. 3) as a former HS Bball coach it was interesting to hear how the next level coaches coach in game, the ebbs and flow and reasoning behind strategy and so on was most enjoyable.
I understand how someone who isn't so interested in certain aspects of the game could see it as novel, I'd pay to watch games this way.

I really liked it and would want to see again but not all the time. Biggest cons were the split screen on my small tv ( which will be fixed soon) and not knowing some stats. Some on screen graphics to update foul situations would be helpful.

I'd tune into it for one about game a week nationally, but not a fan of one team or conference being on over and over. It is cool to check out the coaching styles and adjustments. The change away from play by play and analysis is a nice change of pace.

I had to record the game. I got home really late and wanted to know how the game went so was sort of fast forwarding. The format doesn’t lend itself to watching a game that way.

And not being a BBall geek, I had a difficult time with some of the more technical discussion the coaches were having with the players.

But if I were going to teach a class on the game of basketball to neophytes, I would definitely show the video of this game to them where I would stop after a coach made a point and explain it to the class.

I had to record the game. I got home really late and wanted to know how the game went so was sort of fast forwarding. The format doesn’t lend itself to watching a game that way.

And not being a BBall geek, I had a difficult time with some of the more technical discussion the coaches were having with the players.

But if I were going to teach a class on the game of basketball to neophytes, I would definitely show the video of this game to them where I would stop after a coach made a point and explain it to the class.
[/QUOTE

Overtime shift at the buggy whip factory, eh? Did your TV show them taking the ball out of the peach basket after each made shot?

Any Help? Sling has a program selection category: "your previously recorded videos"
When you go to a sports program before air time, Sling offers "record" option.
As someone else mentioned, the CU/osu replay is on Sling tonight at 7:30. I think it has to have a lot of the 'total access' content (how could they filter it out?)
So, I've clicked on that replay listing, I hit the record button that appeared and now have the option "cancel recording"
Is there something else I need to do? Do I let the TV sit for the next 90 mins (length of the replay)? Do I go back and hit "record" a minute or 2 begore 7:30? Do I need a separate subscription
technologically challenged here

My channel grid now shows the replay and says 'scheduled to be recorded' Guess I'm set

Any Help? Sling has a program selection category: "your previously recorded videos"
When you go to a sports program before air time, Sling offers "record" option.
As someone else mentioned, the CU/osu replay is on Sling tonight at 7:30. I think it has to have a lot of the 'total access' content (how could they filter it out?)
So, I've clicked on that replay listing, I hit the record button that appeared and now have the option "cancel recording"
Is there something else I need to do? Do I let the TV sit for the next 90 mins (length of the replay)? Do I go back and hit "record" a minute or 2 begore 7:30? Do I need a separate subscription
technologically challenged here
You're good to go. If you hit the record button and now see cancel recording you're set. You don't have to let it sit on that channel. You can go watch something else and it will still record. You did it!

Illinois at #9 Pann State is an FS1 All Access game on right now. 4pt game about to go to halftime.

Yep, I want to watch every game this way. Didn’t get home until half way through the second half, but I love this. Illinois’ execution has been terrible down the stretch.

Back