1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DL Playing time

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by El Gringo, Sep 23, 2008.

1. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

So I was looking at the defensive stats that Valdez posted. No surprise that Hypo and Nicholas are getting the vast majority of plays at the interior DL positions.

But go down the depth chart and Cunningham has the second most plays (21) followed by Kaynor (12) and Goree (9).

At first I was surprised that they burned cunningham's redshirt and that the true freshman is getting more PT than Kaynor and Goree, but I guess the coaches are trying to get his feet wet so that next year he'll be ready to take on the starting roll.

What we really need is an offensive blow-out to get these young defensive guys more than just spot duty when Hypo and Nicholas need a breather. Unfortunately, the way we've played to our oppenents' level, that possibility doesn't look good any time soon.

2. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Its too bad Barnett did'nt redshirt Hypo then we would have him next year.. Replacing both Hypo and Nicholas is going to be a big task for the team next year..

Hawk needs to get going on the DL recruiting.. I saw that we picked up one from Texas (DE) but we really need to find some DT's..

3. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

Hypolite almost went to the draft this past year. There's no way he's going to stick around another year. However, I do agree with our DT issue

Both of those guys have been the rock of our D this year.

4. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I'm suprised Cunningham has seen so much PT as well. I thought we'd see more of Goree.

5. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

I guess i need to look for him more... :wow: I wouldn't have even known he was on the field...

6. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

:nod: Alonzo Barrett said Goree was an absolute beast so that got me excited but that is still TBD. Who starts at DT next year? I'm gonna go with Kaynor and Goree

7. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

Isn't Goree coming off of an injury?

8. FightCu1414

FightCu1414 Fifth year Senior Club Member

Next year if Cunningham is getting a lot of playing time he will start next year over Kaynor and Goree

9. CityBuffT

CityBuffT New Member

... Perkins at Safety, did anyone catch that? I watched this kid play quarterback and safety at my old highschool and this kid is an athlete and very smart so look out for him. I saw he got a lot of plays against WVU most likely due to his speed...