1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do we care about whether CSU gets better?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Quattro, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

I don't. **** those Goat ****ers and their constant trashing of CU at every turn. They hate CU more than they like CSU.

Would hate for Jordon to lose his scholarship though.

2. Jaximus

Jaximus Club Member Club Member

Some of their fans may hate CU, and that is fine. I still hope they start winning after they lose at Mile High to help our BCS standings. I want all 3 CO teams getting national respect.

3. Quattro

Beating CSU won't help our BCS standing. Beating PAC 12 teams will and winning bowl games. CSU's success has no bearing on our standing in the college football world.

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I get the state pride thing.

I generally root for NoCo (I refuse to call them UNC), AFA and Wyoming because they have so many players from the CO high school ranks. But I can't get there for CSU because there's nothing friendly about their attitude toward CU or Boulder.

Also, CSU having good seasons does nothing positive for CU so get that thought out of your head. How good or bad Marshall is does nothing to change national perception about how good West Virginia is. This is the exact same situation.

5. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

CSC, baby!

6. Jaximus

I believe that hating a team because they hate you gives them some credit. I could care less how they feel about CU. I want Mile High packed with 80,000 people like it was in the early 00's. And I believe that strength of schedule matters in the BCS ranking system right? Well in a few years, if we're playing at a high enough level to be considered for BCS bowls, than it will benefit us a little if CSU has a good record after we beat them.

7. Buffnik

We play a minimum of 9 BCS games a season. Strength of Schedule is not a concern.

8. Jaximus

Makes sense. Well hopefully CSU doesn't just totally suck and can actually get their fans to show up for the rivalry game again. BTW, I think it shows something about our fan base that attendance has remained respectable despite the struggles. We have great fans.

9. Buff_since76

Buff_since76 Still a fan... Club Member

That number will jumpt to 10 when the PAC-12/B1G ink their football OOC deal. That will give the Buffs just 1 game a year that they will need to fill (since CSU runs through 2019).

10. Buffnik

We're trying to schedule a home/home with someone to get it going a bit earlier than that.

We have the Hawaii road year that allows us a 13th game in a few years and then some open spots when you look out several years. I think it was posted already, but we're looking for a series with a Big 10 program near Chicago as a connect with our big alumni base there.

11. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

12. GoBuffs22

GoBuffs22 New Member

I'd rather see CSU continue to Suck and get worse

13. Quattro

+1

14. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

very strong first post!

:woot:

15. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

I really don't care about CSU.

16. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I harbor no ill will towards CSU. They're like the retarded little brother that acts out a lot. They're angry, bitter, marginalized folks who view us as the enemy that stole all their potential greatness. I don't try to reason with them, I just pity them. I pat them on the head and say "It's OK."

17. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

The series record is something like 59-20-2 in favor of CU.

Let's extend that mark to 67-20-2 before the contract runs out, then kick the RMS at Mile High to the curb.

If by ÇSU getting better decreases the likelyhood of a sweep of the remaining games on the contract, then I'm opposed.

18. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

I only care about CU everyone else can go **** themselves especially Michigan, Alabammer, and Iowa State.

19. Tractor

Tractor Club Member Club Member

Yep. I actually think this is what's best for CU. I want our schedule to look like (gulp) Texas.

They play a bunch of weak ass teams, and NEVER leave the state of Texas until like November. They get a bunch of easy wins, their local fans get to attend almost 10 games a year within a 2 hour drive and they have a good record. As a season ticket holder that lives in CO, I like having "away" games that are a 30 minute drive from my house. I also enjoy going to games a hella lot more when we win.

Mile High can still be full of 80,000 people. It will just be CU fans that want to see their top 10 team play in a NFL stadium, even if it's against some crap team. Is that so wrong to hope for?

20. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

62-21-2. And yes, no choice but to knock the **** out of them until the contract is done and be done with these ****ers. I hate that it even has to continue for more than 5 years still. CSU isn't worth our time.

21. GoBuffs22

GoBuffs22 New Member

Just to clear up any confusion, I care more about a turd i flush down the toilet then CSU!!:thumbsup:

FightCu1414 and Darian3Hagan like this.
  22. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

CSWho? Don't care.

23. MrFrumpylane

MrFrumpylane Well-Known Member

No. And I'm disappointed that people are giving them the time of the day with yet another thread dedicated to them. Get. Over. It.

24. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

This is possibly the most dividing subject among Buff fans.

I will always argue that it is better for CU if CSU is good. You need only to look at the history of the CU-CSU game being played on national television (when CSU was good and/or ranked) versus being played on CSTV/MTN/ROOT etc. (when CSU or both teams are down). When both teams were ranked, it was on ABC. When CSU sucks, it's regional coverage. No contest.

25. Jaximus

:thumbsup:

26. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

Screw the lambs. We need to beat the crap out of them the rest of the contract and be done with them forever. If they get better along with CU we will be stuck playing craptastic RMS at Invesco Sports Authority Mile Stadium brought to you by the DPD riot police.

27. Buff_since76

Buff_since76 Still a fan... Club Member

I guess I am looking for CSU to be at least mediocre in their crappy conference. Going 3-9 every year, with two wins coming agains Northern Colorado and Weber state is bad. CSU saves everything they have for CU every year, and then go to sleep after the game. I would rather have them as a 6-6 who cares bowl team every year than a 3-9 team that hurts having on CU's schedule.

Is their an out clause in the RMS where if CSU gets demoted to an FBS division CU has the right to terminate the contract? I only ask as the MWC continues to lose members to BCS conferences, if CSU is left standing when the music stops can we end the RMS?

28. BinaryBuff

BinaryBuff mmmm...beer Club Member

I don't give a rats ass about CSU or if they get better or worse (is that even possible?).. Only thing I care about related to CSU is when is the stupid series against them going to be cancelled or at least moved back to the campuses. Having that game at Mile High is horrible.

29. GoBuffs22

GoBuffs22 New Member

CU will get plenty of national TV love playing in the Pac-12 and just wondering when was the last time CU vs. CSU was on ABC?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  30. Quattro

CSU will have a very, very small impact on our SOS good or not.