What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Do we fire Mac?

I didn't question it at the time, but looking back now and reading on another thread how RG spent all his political capitol with the university administration to get that pushed through, after one decent year which actually ended very poorly....

it doesn't seem like it was RG's smartest move ever.

....Washington DC?

Can anyone that knows the insights into how Coach MM approaches his practices and his training of a team tell me about what his practices look like?

I ask because I was watching a post practice video from mid-November and the question was asked about "Coaching the younger players", and his response was that "They could coach up the younger players after normal practices on Tuesday and Thursday." So, does that mean that the YOUNGER players do not get anywhere close to the same amount of reps as the older players, and anyone lower on the depth chart just sits around and watches the older guys? I cannot stand watching our starters play so many snaps, and just wonder where he got this attitude that younger players should just stand around for 3 years before they get a chance to play and get reps. Yet, there are endless examples and articles about how much impact and how fresh the younger players are! Trying to fully understand who Mike Macintyre is as a coach over these next 9 months before next season. We know his not getting fired, so I am just digging deeper into understanding him.

Hard to know with the practices being closed. You get limited insight with the spring games which always look like disorganized practices to me.

Some coaches who have been through haven't seemed to like practices.

You can see it at game time. There is a difference to the eyeball between teams that get up for games and teams that get up for the season.

We know MM has an upperclassman strategy. He feels he can't compete with the recruits of many P12 schools and needs older, more experienced, full grown kids to win. He has said this exact thing, and I believe he is not just talking when he says stuff like that. We also know he is extremely loyal - God bless him but God Damnit at the same time. So, like a QB focused presnap on his guy, we can bet that MM is focused on his senior guys.

All this is speculation. The only thing we know for sure is paragraph 3.

Hard to know with the practices being closed. You get limited insight with the spring games which always look like disorganized practices to me.

Some coaches who have been through haven't seemed to like practices.

You can see it at game time. There is a difference to the eyeball between teams that get up for games and teams that get up for the season.

We know MM has an upperclassman strategy. He feels he can't compete with the recruits of many P12 schools and needs older, more experienced, full grown kids to win. He has said this exact thing, and I believe he is not just talking when he says stuff like that. We also know he is extremely loyal - God bless him but God Damnit at the same time. So, like a QB focused presnap on his guy, we can bet that MM is focused on his senior guys.

All this is speculation. The only thing we know for sure is paragraph 3.

MM is so secretive and I am not a fan of that! It seems he is at the point, and we are at the point where the upperclassmen concept will be a double edged sword related to recruits. No 4 star or 5 star guy will go to a place that has a coach that preaches patience and plays older players over younger potentially better young kids. It does not look like we practice hard, and it for sure does not look like we tackle hard. The coaches also do not have faith in the depth that they actually have. Never seen defenders play so many snaps and become obviously so gassed. I feel like the D ran out of gas in 2016 in the PAC 12 Championship game!

Allbuffs need a fully accredited reporter with credentials that can be our eyes and ears at practices?

MM is so secretive and I am not a fan of that! It seems he is at the point, and we are at the point where the upperclassmen concept will be a double edged sword related to recruits. No 4 star or 5 star guy will go to a place that has a coach that preaches patience and plays older players over younger potentially better young kids. It does not look like we practice hard, and it for sure does not look like we tackle hard. The coaches also do not have faith in the depth that they actually have. Never seen defenders play so many snaps and become obviously so gassed. I feel like the D ran out of gas in 2016 in the PAC 12 Championship game!

Allbuffs need a fully accredited reporter with credentials that can be our eyes and ears at practices?

I think we'd be more likely to consider it if reporters actually got more access to practices than fans do. As it stands, a beat reporter is going to rub elbows with the coaches, staff and other beat reporters while also getting to conduct post-practice interviews. I'm not sure what someone on the AB payroll would add to that which would bring enough value to the board to be worth the $$$ investment from the AB community.

I think we'd be more likely to consider it if reporters actually got more access to practices than fans do. As it stands, a beat reporter is going to rub elbows with the coaches, staff and other beat reporters while also getting to conduct post-practice interviews. I'm not sure what someone on the AB payroll would add to that which would bring enough value to the board to be worth the $$$ investment from the AB community.

what happened to that kid we had...was it Justin?

what happened to that kid we had...was it Justin?
Content wasn't all that. Partially because the deal we worked out meant that everything he did had to be first approved and published for the CUI.

Back