What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Do you have concerns heading into the season?

looking at the home games before 1/1, I think CU can show up drunk and win all except CSU and Xavier.

Not my take. In fact, the ooc seems a bit tricky.

Csewe, byewe, Xavier, Notre dame/tejass.

I'm more concerned that they stumble in the ooc and walk into the conference slate with their confidence shaken a bit.

Not my take. In fact, the ooc seems a bit tricky.

Csewe, byewe, Xavier, Notre dame/tejass.

I'm more concerned that they stumble in the ooc and walk into the conference slate with their confidence shaken a bit.
I scoped my comment to home games

Hi Guys - first post in awhile - very excited about the season. I see 2 things as keys to the season.
1. Overall guard play - not just Dom. There were times last year when Dom melted under pressure, BUT he really didn't get much help- XT was limited, Fortune was also a turnover machine and TA was a frosh. This year potentially we are much much better - Dom and TA a year older , White with PG skills, Fortune probably not needed at crunch time as much, and a wildcard in Peters who just might like it when people pressure him. We shall see , but a little toughness in the backcourt probably meant 5 more wins -including against UCONN.

2. Can Wes, Tory, and to a lesser extent XJ defend the paint against premium bigs like Ivan Rabb? Josh was excellent defensively last year - Can Wes step up here against bigger players? I'm not so sure.

3. I think 95% of college basketball teams would like to have our problems/question marks. We are going to be really good this year- how good -is the question.

Reactions: DBT
Main concern offensively is Tad allowing this team to be a modern offense. We were a top 20 3P% team last yr but below average in 3P attempts. Adding White & XJ, this team is built to be a 3P oriented team especially with Wes/Tory being so good on the offensive glass. Including all the freshmen, only Tory & maybe Yaz aren't deep threats--even Wes is a career 35% from deep.

I'm not too concerned with PG play or leadership as I think that AK will provide both.

I'm more concerned with XJ trying to play wing when he's clearly a 4 and that's what the team needs him to be.

With Wes being at his best when playing help defense and with our guards being questionable on whether they can stop ball... I think we will see a ton of zone this season.

I think this will cover a lot of the defensive questions.

Last edited:
Let me backtrack a bit. I'm really looking forward to Bill Walton's rendition on White's backstory.

"Man, he was just a skinny little dude coming out of high school, only weighed about a buck twenty five, ended up going D2 in Colorado Springs. Great town Colorado Springs but doesn't have a good concert venue. The do have a little town west of it though just coming up into the mountains, looks kind of like red rocks there with some funky little stores and coffee shops, lots of good vibes there, to bad it isn't closer to Denver. Well now this White kid is pretty good, he has a cool story. Coach Wooden would have liked him."

Biggest concern: STAYING HEALTHY! :eek: especially in the post.

not as concerned with PG play. Dom and Yaz are more experienced, and there will be more depth there than last year. Plenty of scoring options elsewhere, so need to handle the on-the ball pressure they know will be coming, limit turnovers, and I think we can call it a success at that spot.

Biggest concern: STAYING HEALTHY! :eek: especially in the post.

not as concerned with PG play. Dom and Yaz are more experienced, and there will be more depth there than last year. Plenty of scoring options elsewhere, so need to handle the on-the ball pressure they know will be coming, limit turnovers, and I think we can call it a success at that spot.

Big difference between soph/frosh for the PGs and junior/soph.

Funny, I know, but think the guards will be just fine this year. Elite, no but more than capable and a huge step forward from last year.

Main concern offensively is Tad allowing this team to be a modern offense. We were a top 20 3P% team last yr but below average in 3P attempts. Adding White & XJ, this team is built to be a 3P oriented team especially with Wes/Tory being so good on the offensive glass. Including all the freshmen, only Tory & maybe Yaz aren't deep threats--even Wes is a career 35% from deep.
see 2010-2011. Tad will let the guys do what they like to do on offense if it gets results. The difference is that hopefully this year's team will play D.

see 2010-2011. Tad will let the guys do what they like to do on offense if it gets results. The difference is that hopefully this year's team will play D.

Tad's first team vs. his seventh. That first team was used to playing zone all time under the Bzz. Of course, it sounds like we may be seeing more zone this season.

Concerns:

1. X as the team leader. He has never been vocal, or at least a mature vocal leader.
2. Dom! Play to ability or sit this year.
3. Rebounding.
4. Defense, specifically perimeter (closing out on 3 point shooters and closing off the lane openings).
5. Assured, that my concerns will once again be minimized by the preparation and coaching of Tad.

I'd like to avoid the locker room issues that we had a few years ago. I believe that some of that involved XJ?
Yes it was. This is what will define the season. Has XJ matured and will he step in as a leader. I don't see anyone on else ready/willing to a be leader at this time. If XJ doesn't, we could have some issues.

Concerns:

1. X as the team leader. He has never been vocal, or at least a mature vocal leader.
2. Dom! Play to ability or sit this year.
3. Rebounding.
4. Defense, specifically perimeter (closing out on 3 point shooters and closing off the lane openings).
5. Assured, that my concerns will once again be minimized by the preparation and coaching of Tad.
Yes it was. This is what will define the season. Has XJ matured and will he step in as a leader. I don't see anyone on else ready/willing to a be leader at this time. If XJ doesn't, we could have some issues.

So first to BuffinCali....items 2 and 3 are none issues. This team will be a top two or three team in rebounding in the PAC. Gordon is a rebounding machine. Dom was actually playing well towards the end of last year, he just got in foul trouble a lot. Fouls will be an issue, but not as big, this year. He will play well. Item 4. will be an issue until they prove otherwise, but with the depth on the wings and guard spots they don't have excuses.

As for #1 and for Lama...its like you've both tuned in to that one nagging voice inside my head....stop that already...you're killing my Kool-Aid buzz.

That team spent a few years in the Princeton offense & it still wasn't a top 100 team in 3P attempts. For good reason, they had better slashers. This is our best 3P shooting team & there's not another team in the PAC with more deep threats. We need to lead the league in 3P attempts to move up in the PAC. It starts with Tad setting a benchmark.

My concern is another first round loss in the NCAA tournament. I trust Tad to get us through everything up to that game.

My concern is another first round loss in the NCAA tournament. I trust Tad to get us through everything up to that game.

Need to step up this season and force the committee to give us a decent seed. I agree that we need to start winning games in the tourney but we have drawn some tough opening games. Let's help ourselves.

Back