What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Do you think CU admin has any nads and forced DH to modify his contract?

SoCal Bob

If I were a booster that would be the only condition for keeping him on. That and the potential to get rid of both Hawk and Bohn next year.

If I were a booster that would be the only condition for keeping him on. That and the potential to get rid of both Hawk and Bohn next year.

It's very possible.

As far as "getting rid of Bohn" ... while you're certainly entitled to your opinion ... I doubt you realize the extent to which Bohn has CONSTRUCTIVELY changed the culture of CU's AD from what it was under the previous regime.

Dick Tharp ... while a lifelong Buff and who worked for CU as athletic director for virtual peanuts because he had other income from real estate, Liquor Mart etc ... also was a part-time AD who spent as much time holding court at Dolan's in the afternoons (not that there's anything wrong with that .. unless of course you're supposed to be actually running a Top 25 athletic program :rolleyes:) ... and who had neglected both the day to day operations of the AD and the general culture, thus allowing a sleazeball attorney like Baine Kerr and his client to totally undermine the public's general perception of CU in general, and the athletic department and football program in particular.

We'd be incredibly stupid to "get rid of Bohn" beacuse in retrospect he MAY have made a bad hire (I still would like to think that would still be open to question ... if Hawk can turn things around, starting tomorrow). And considering that hire was at the time considered by most if not all of us (and the national media) at the time as a "home run."

The B-ball program is showing positive signs of progress (in case you have''t noticed). The perception of the athletic program in general (after several years of negative press and publicity ... whether justified or not) is now generally positive .. other that of course for the win-loss record of the FB program, which believe me, I do not minimize.

In short ... if you want to go after Hawk for lack of success on the field ... I find it difficult to argue against that. But all things considered (yes ... economics ... and the public's likely perception of same in the case of a buyout ... no doubt played at least some part in the decision) ... Mike Bohn has brought about more positive change in not only the athletic department but the University in general in the 4 years he's been there than Tharp did in his entire tenure.

And no ... I don't work for him ... or CU ...

At least not anymore. :smile:

Back