1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does internet negativity damage recruiting?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Nov 7, 2009.

?

Does internet recruiting hurt recruiting?

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    21.2%
  3. I don't know

13 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Since potential recruits read message boards and pay attention to what's being said in the comments to internet news stories, what's written in blogs, etc...

... maybe CUs recruiting is being hurt because of the negativity.

Then again, maybe the won-loss record and a coach on the hot seat does the damage while the negativity doesn't make a tangible difference.

2. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Probably a little. The current situation is more damaging to recruiting. I think there is so much noise on the internet these days the kids prolly cant filter it all and tune it out. I also think they are spending time on FB, XBox, still going to class, and being annoyed by the recruiting websites and the dingleberries trying to influence their decision. Its one factor among many. For a 17 year old.

3. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I think it does, but I am not sure the negativity makes a huge difference. The win-loss record is the biggest reason for our recruiting struggles right now.

4. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

So I guess we are the only fan base that is negative? Or the only one that has message boards? Or the only one that has the internet?

:rolleyes:

5. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

When the UT employee who was a H-usker fan posted a fraudulent claim about Sooner players doing cocaine didn't appear to hurt UT or OU.

When UT 'insiders' made false allegations about Darrell Stewart's mom's job offer at a Boulder Bank might or might not have lost the recruiting battle, but it didn't cause UT the war.

The negativity on boards has an inverse relationship with the positivity on the field and in the lockerroom.

6. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

It definitley has an effect on recruiting. How big depends on the kid.

Not saying it's right or wrong, but it does have an effect.

7. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

When I was buying information from former A&M Coach Fran, he said....