What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Does internet negativity damage recruiting?

Does internet recruiting hurt recruiting?

• Yes

Votes: 28 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • I don't know

Votes: 13 25.0%

• Total voters

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Since potential recruits read message boards and pay attention to what's being said in the comments to internet news stories, what's written in blogs, etc...

... maybe CUs recruiting is being hurt because of the negativity.

Then again, maybe the won-loss record and a coach on the hot seat does the damage while the negativity doesn't make a tangible difference.

Probably a little. The current situation is more damaging to recruiting. I think there is so much noise on the internet these days the kids prolly cant filter it all and tune it out. I also think they are spending time on FB, XBox, still going to class, and being annoyed by the recruiting websites and the dingleberries trying to influence their decision. Its one factor among many. For a 17 year old.

I think it does, but I am not sure the negativity makes a huge difference. The win-loss record is the biggest reason for our recruiting struggles right now.

So I guess we are the only fan base that is negative? Or the only one that has message boards? Or the only one that has the internet?

:rolleyes:

When the UT employee who was a H-usker fan posted a fraudulent claim about Sooner players doing cocaine didn't appear to hurt UT or OU.

When UT 'insiders' made false allegations about Darrell Stewart's mom's job offer at a Boulder Bank might or might not have lost the recruiting battle, but it didn't cause UT the war.

The negativity on boards has an inverse relationship with the positivity on the field and in the lockerroom.

It definitley has an effect on recruiting. How big depends on the kid.

Not saying it's right or wrong, but it does have an effect.

When I was buying information from former A&M Coach Fran, he said....

Back