1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donald Strickland highlights

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;skeCR6nVFFU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skeCR6nVFFU&feature=feedrec_grec_index[/video]

2. nepbug

nepbug Active Member

Strickland was always one of my favorite players to watch, and he wasn't one to slack in the classroom either. I shared several Mechanical Engineering classes with him, and he left with his engineering degree.

My most memorable DStrick moments as a Buff can be seen at 0:45 in this video (stopping the K-State back from getting in the end zone) and also at 1:05 in this video. (the lift and slam tackle) With the music going over it you can't tell, but on that second one the entire student section yelled "aaaaaaaaahhh...OH!" as he lifted that guy and slammed him down. So sweet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNHXRHN-75U

[video=youtube;PNHXRHN-75U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNHXRHN-75U[/video]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
    Waldo likes this.
  3. Waldo

Waldo Original Copy Club Member

Wow thanks for the memories, liked the words just as much as seeing all the great Buffs that played on that D.

4. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

Strick made many big plays my favorite may be the hit and fumble on the goalline vs the fuskers.

5. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

I miss seeing speed and power like that on our D. He played angry. Looking forward to more of that in the future.

6. Tractor

Tractor Club Member Club Member

That was Sproles, I was in the band that year. The band was in the SE corner of the field, where that play was. That hit was SIIIICCCKKKK!!! They knocked each other out. Game changing play too, it was like 4th and goal or 4th and short. I thought when sproles started to turn the corner that he had it easy, then he got popped! Both of them were down for a while. Best hit ever. FACT!!!

7. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

3 thoughts:

1. all whites don't look as bad as i remember....but still not as good as the black pant/white jersey/real gold helmet is still the best look.

2. we should have beat Wisconsin

3. no highlights ever, no matter the situation, how badass or crazy awesome.....when the score other team is 41 and CU 7. EVER. it's not a highlight when the team is getting bent over. it's garbage time. no such thing as a highlight then.

8. Heywood

Heywood The actual El Guapo Club Member

Great highlights! I do miss how our D was so nasty. I expect to see some big hits this year.

On a modern note. Every touchdown he had would be called back with a 15 yrder this upcoming season.

9. nepbug

nepbug Active Member

I was in the band from 99-2002 (trumpet), spent my super-senior year in my senior-reserve seats, 3rd row up on the 50!

While I was in the band we were in the student section right behind the field goal (I think that is where you were describing as well).

I couldn't remember if that was Sproles or not. It was a 4th and short, and like you when he turned the corner I thought he had it and then Strickland came out of nowhere with some serious closing speed to save the day.

10. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

I was right there as well, somewhere behind the endzone. I remember him getting outside, and then BAM Dstrick just leveling him. It was exultant.

11. lawdogg

lawdogg Club Member Club Member

Great memories, but what prompted you to post?